Adoption

My tail twitched under the long skirt that I wore as I walked the hallways the heel of my shoes making a clicking noise on the hardwood floor as I walked. The baseball cap I wore hid my ears. But since I kept my hair long you could tell my hair was midnight black. I stopped outside the two big oak doors. Would these people do the same that the others had? Freak out over my ears and tail. Then when it was time to take me home think about how much it would cost if someone found out about my tail and ears. I knocked on the door and then pulled them open. Our head mistress Mary sat at her desk. A man and a women sat there looking a little pale. I walked into the room closing the door. The man had dark brown hair and what seemed to be brown eyes. He had  a well shaved chin. He wore a grey suit with a blue tie. The women wore a sunflower yellow design sundress. Her eyes were a hazel color and her hair a blond color. My eyes were green. I looked at head mistress Mary. I cleared my throat. The couple jumped and looked at me. I smiled reassuringly at them.

"Mistress Mary you asked to see me" I asked. Mary nodded chewing on her fingernail.

"Yes. This couple wanted to meet you" She stated. I kept my tail still as to not frighten them.

"They do?" I asked frowning. Even after what happened Thursday. The couple as soon as they were told about my tail and ears they took off running leaving the women's purse the next day they threatened to sue us for false identity's. Which made no sense. I walked over to head mistress Mary.

"Are you sure about this? You know what they will do" I whispered in her ear. She sighed.

"I told them ahead of time when they called about your picture. I already told them what you know about hiding it" She stated. I frowned and leaned even closer to her.

"Is this why their jumpy like Asian carp does when they feel vibrations?" I asked. She shook her head.

"They lost their son not long ago to a burglary. They dislike loud noises" She stated.

"Oh" I breathed. I stood up straight.

"Hello there. My names Accalia. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Would you like some water?" I asked sweetly. The women looked at her husband and nodded. He nodded also.

"Kay be right back" I stated and walked out. I went to the kitchen and got two glasses of ice cold water. My blue and green plaid skirt swayed with my movements. The matching button up blouse was a little to tight for my tastes. And the baseball cap was making my ears hurt from wearing it for the past twelve hours. I walked to the office with a cup of tea for Mary. I walked in carrying the tray with one hand. I set it on Marys desk and left the door opened. I gave the water to the couple and set the cup of tea in front of Mary. She instantly started messing with the filter thingy. I smiled.

"So where do you wanna start?" Mary asked.

"Can we uh see the ears and tail?" The women asked gently. Her voice was so soft. I frowned. This was bad. Mary nodded. My tail twitch in irritation if they were gonna run might as well make them do it right now. I grabbed the front of the baseball cap that was behind my head and pulled it off. They both froze and stared as my ears twitched standing upright now. The man got up. I sighed. But to my utter complete shock he walked over to me.

"Um okay this might be a silly question. Can I touch them" He asked. I put a hand over my mouth trying to contain my laughter but it broke through. I gripped the desk for support as I tried to stop my laughter as I breathed hard. I noticed the women joined him waiting for a answer. I waved the hat in front of my face for a moment and stood up straight smiling brightly. I faced them. I waved my hat between us.

"I'm sorry. No ones ever asked me that" I blushed and leaned forward.

"Please do what you wish" I forced myself to say without laughing again. I felt a really soft but big hand touch the middle of my head and venture over to one of my ears. He froze once he touched them. Probably amazed by their softness.