Chapter 2

(Written and edited by me)

"Ponyboy?" I gasped, unsure what to do. His head had turned in my direction, confused. Quickly, I covered my gaping jaw, shaking with anxiousness and excitement all at once, not able to comprehend what was happening.

"Hello?" He was waving his hands in front of me, getting my attention from space. Pony had been staring at me for quite a while, I forgot about my bruises and cuts I got earlier today at school. I let out some incoherent words, and he questioned me once again as I kept my gaze on his face the whole time.

"Are you okay? What happened? Do you need me to help you, I've never seen you around before, are you new? How do you know my name?" Pony tilted his head slightly, the sunset's light hitting his eyes perfectly. I couldn't think of what to say other than something stupid and corny.

"Stay gold." I mumbled and he gasped.

"You like Robert Frost too?" Ponyboy's eyes lit up so brightly, beating the sun any day. He gave a gentle smile, putting his arm around my shoulders, guiding me towards his house. Of course I knew the way there, I remembered the movie. I kept thinking about the questions Pony asked me, and I don't know how to answer him without sounding insane.

"Hey, uh, my name is Miranda by the way. I know you because, well, it's a long story." I didn't dare look at him, knowing I only confused him further.

"Well, can't you tell me that unbelievable story? Maybe we can work it out with Sodapop and Darry?" I looked over at him finally, he was kicking rocks, scuffing his Converse, and biting his lip.

"Sure, I guess." I shrugged, ready to me deemed crazy by a cute, fictional boy. He nodded and smiled at me, waiting to hear the story I had to tell.

"So, I kind of just popped into this state or dimension, I came from Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh to be exact. And you Pony, you and your gang are in a book I read called, The Outsiders. I know it sounds crazy but, just hear me out." Pony looked shocked; what he heard was unreal to him.

"Who's your favorite 'character' then?" Questioned a deep, unfamiliar voice from behind.