Chapter 3

(Written by Sarah)

I whipped around and saw the group of socs that were supposed to jump Pony. He groans then asks, "What do you want?"

"Well, greaser, we're goin' to give you a haircut. Then maybe, we'll take your girl here for a walk." I shivered, knowing what socs did when they 'took girls for walks.' Next thing I knew, they had Pony pinned to the ground and I was being pushed as well. I quickly crawled into a bush hoping that if I hide, the socs and Pony would forget about me. Then, if Pony forgets, I could go home. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love this place, but I don't want to mess up my favorite book! I heard the battle cry of the gang coming to save Ponyboy. The socs began to run to their car. Darry helped Pony up and started to shake him, but this time Pony didn't look dizzy, he was searching for something. When he finally got Darry let go, he glanced around worriedly.

"Miranda!" He shouted, cupping his hands around his mouth to make his voice boom. Then a [blond] Dallas walked to his side and asked, "What does this Miranda look like?"

Pony thought for a moment, then started to talk about me. "She has straight black hair, and baby blue eyes. Oh and she was wearin' an outfit a lot like your Soda!"

Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder that scared me half to death. I turned around slowly and saw Johnny standing there looking sheepishly down at the dirt. He then grabbed my arm and pulled me up so I was standing. He was quite short for his age, but I was shorter. Johnny dragged me over to Pony, he reminded me of Dally right now. The way he was so stern but quiet. We reached Pony and stood behind him for a second.

"I found her."

Pony gasped and embraced me tightly. "Thank God! I thought the socs got you!"