Chapter Forty-One

Update: June 15th, 2022

You can find a physical copy of 'INKED' on Amazon!! Link in my bio :)

Your support means the world to me - thank you

—-

[this chapter is not edited]

◊Dylan◊

I love having Emma all to myself. Winter break, which mean, no school, no work and no responsibilities. She could just spend her days off, with me; cozied up under the duvet in my warm bed where we could cuddle and whisper to one another for hours on end. These moments are ones I enjoy the most. Yeah, sex is amazing but just getting that affection, that love and gentle touches from someone you care about so much, is better than anything else. All I want is to live in it for as long as I can.

Presently holding Emma close to my chest, cuddled up under my blanket, I lazily open my eyes. Snow begins to fall outside, the white flakes starting to stick to the window. My eyes flicker to the sleeping beauty next to me; her hair a curly mess, sprawled along the pillow. Her eyes are close, quick snores coming from her barely parted lips. Slowly, I tighten my grip around her. A smile forms on her face as she nuzzles her head into my chest, fingers gripping at my shirt.

"Is it snowing?" she grumbles against my chest.

I nod, rubbing my hand in small circles on her back. "Yeah," I mumble back. "Are you sure you'll feel comfortable driving home in this later?"

Her back arches and she extends her arms outwards, stretching. "Of course." She smirks.

Pressing my lips to her neck, I give her a gentle kiss before burying my face in the crook. "Okay." I mumble. "But you can't leave yet."

"I do need to leave soon though," she whispers softly, her hands falling on my back. She begins to trace random designs between my shoulder blades. "My parents want me home before its dark out."

"But—"

"You're phones going off Dylan." She giggles, patting my back. I groan, pushing off of the bed. She sits up, crossing her legs and watching me attentively, pouting. Giving her a quick peck, I grab my phone.

"I'll be a minute." I call over my shoulder, my eyes glues to the bold name on the screen. AARON. "Yo." I say into the phone, walking down the hall towards the kitchen. "Aaron, what's up?"

"Do you have a minute to talk?" a nervous voice responses. I could barely make it out as Aaron's voice.

"Yeah, for sure." My brow furrows. Walking over to the kitchen window, I pull the blinds open to get some kind of light in the room.

"I have good and bad news," Aaron starts, his voice uneven. "I got you a fight."

"Great!" I exclaim, slamming my hand down on the kitchen counter. Another fight means more money to pay for my bills and expenses. "How much?"

He chuckles lightly. "Enough to pay for you to go back to university mate."

University isn't cheap. An average undergrad student's four years can cost around twenty grand. If this fight can get me back in university, get me through those four years without struggling, it'll take it!

"What could possibly be bad about that?" I let out a loud cackle.

"I...I think you should back down...form it." Aaron speaks slowly, his voice suddenly steady and firm. "I don't think you should follow through with it."

What? My body physically cringes at his comment, taken aback by him having not faith in me. Does he suddenly believe I can't win, I question. Aaron's always understood where I've come from and how much I've had to give up. Getting the chance to finally go back to school. To finish what I started. Why won't he help me with that?