Chapter 12

[picture of Brad]

Camila I hate you.

Why does she have to do this to me? Every time.

I sighed angrily as I made my way up the stairs to school. She left me like an idiot last night, again. It's like she purposely wants to hurt me.

"Lauren!" I heard behind me. I stopped my thoughts midway as I turned around to see Normani trying to catch up.

"Oh hey Normani." I greeted, not as happily as I wanted to because of a certain someone.

"Wow I feel like you've been ditching me since that whole musical thing." Normani winked playfully as we walked side to side.

"Of course not, I've just been busy like you and Ally. We really need to talk more after school." I said as I opened the door for her.

"Don't need to tell me twice. I feel like you and Dinah exclude me and Ally on a lot of things." She pouted playfully as we made a stop at my locker.

"You know we don't exclude you. We just hang more because we're in a lot of the same classes. And Ally is off being, you know....Ally." I opened my locker and put my essentials in before closing it. "Besides you and Ally hang a lot without us too." I pointed out.

"No, actually not really. Ally is always super busy, her being a senior and all. She's always stressing about these tests and ACT's, etc. I'm honestly not ready for all of that." Normani grimaced thinking about it. A laugh escape my lips.

"I know I feel you."

"So are you excited?" Normani wiggled her eyebrows at me as a small smirk placed on her lips.

I frowned my eyes as I thought about why would I be excited about. Was today my birthday? No, it's not until a couple of months...

Normani sighed as she saw that I wasn't close to figuring out to what she meant.

"You know...you and that cute boy are getting together for practice today." She sang as she laughed when I groaned.

"Why did you have to remind me." I sighed in distraught.

"Aww come on, he's not that bad." Normani assured.

"It's not necessarily him, it's the whole singing thing." I bit my lip worriedly.

"You'll do fine! Stop worrying and just give it your best. Besides Dinah told me how good you sin-"

"Dinah told you about my singing too!" I exclaimed in agitate.

"Wow Lauren calm down," she laughed, "Yea she told me you sing amazingly."

"Dinah really needs to start keeping that information to herself." I sighed.

"Watch, you'll end up loving it." She reassured. I knew I wasn't but I didn't want to go on about that subject. It was giving me anxiety just thinking about it. So I just smiled softly and nodded.

We made a turn to go to our class when I bumped harshly into someone.

"Fuck!" I screamed out in pain. My nose hurt like a bitch as my face collided with something hard.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry Lauren!" I heard a familiar deep voice say.

Brad.

Normami watched in shock for a bit before she quickly came to see if I was okay.

"Are you okay Lauren?" I heard him ask in a soft tone.

"Yea I'm fine." I waved off even though my nose was killing me.