Chapter 4. Mint tea

Chapter 4.

Mint tea.

Now Bill remembered why he hated rain so passionately: even as much as an hour in it made him ill. At least it was Saturday, so it's not like he'd skip his job. Although no one would probably even care, or notice, for that matter. The cafe was open, right? People had shifts on Saturdays, the unfortunate ones.

The blonde was almost unrecognizable. His eyes were dark, his hair was a mess, he had a coat over a turtleneck, and over that a knitted scarf. So far, the only distinctive feature about him was the colour of his hair, by which Dipper seemed to recognize Bill. "What's up with the scarf?"

The blonde laughed, which turned into a cough. "Didn't know you could talk about your customer's wardrobe."

"Depends what kind of customer you're talking about." After about a second of silence, Dipper's ears went bright red. "Wait no, that was an accident, I'm—"

Bill was grinning, amused by the brunette being flustered by his own innuendo. "Forget it. Do you have tea?"

"Yeah, black, green, wild berries, and mint."

"Ooh, mint. I'm sick, by the way. I'd totally order an espresso again if my throat wasn't killing me." He coughed (almost like it was timed), and took out some change that roughly added up to $3. Without a second word, Dipper took it and immediately gave him the change. Not knowing what else to say, although there was no reason for him to say anything, Bill went to the window seat again, looking out in the dark streets. Only two cars rode past in the time his tea arrived, but Dipper didn't even give him a second glance.

"Hey, what happened? Why aren't you talking to me?" Dipper turned around, still not looking at Bill, sitting down opposite of him.

"I just—I—" He stuttered, now his face going red, although his ears still kept their pink hue. "Can I have your number?"

Bill's eyes widened for a second, just a moment, but then he smiled and looked around for a napkin. "Well, there's nowhere to write it on, so I guess I'll move to Amsterdam and become a drug dealer and never see you ever again."

"Oh, right, uh, one second." He pulled his phone out of his jeans' pocket, tapping on the screen a few times. "Okay, go."

The tea went cold by the time a customer interrupted us.

//sorry im late and this is like twice as short! ive been a bit busy lately, but i'll try to be on schedule next time. oh, and please tell me what you want to happen. (my muse is practically dead.)