Chapter 2: 2X2

~Li~

"Again why am I meeting up with this nigga if you and Lorenzo aren't even together anymore? Because he's actually really cool and it might help you to get out and meet some guys. Li I met a guy already. You still on this Jamal Myles character? Yeah Li he's sweet and...Bull he ain't sweet I know dudes like him Noe and that dude right there is anything but sweet. Wow you are one to talk Li with your relationship report card. I am a let that slide and not pop you in the mouth because I know you aint thinking straight right now."

"Whatever Li what's his name anyway? Brian and he's a real cool guy. So does he install cable like Lorenzo does?" She gave me the evil eye, "Noelle you got one more smart ass remark before I beat the shit out of you. Girl bye, don't make me tell Ti! Tionne won't do shit to me and you know that as well as I do. Fine Li, what does the precious Brian do, I said in a sarcastic tone. For your information Noelle, he's into music too. Into music how? He's an engineer that works in Dallas's studio every now and then. Why have I never met him, I've been in that studio since I was 13 and don't remember a Brian. He's been there the last few years, that you've been in college. Well is he cute? He's...I smiled... 6'2 with gray eyes...hold up gray eyes? Yeah Noe, I know you like that white chocolate. Well damn Li why you been holding back on me. I thought you weren't into meeting him now all the sudden you hear he got gray eyes and you ready to rock his world. You know Li and you should be lucky I haven't snatch Shawn from yo ass. Like you could, I got Shawn wrapped around this finger right here she said flicking me off. I bet you do!"

"Ughh you get on my nerves. But you still love me and know that I am right, you and Shawn belong together. I didn't have anything to say after that. See you love him, I know you do she said pinching my cheeks. Noelle Elize if you value your hands you will remove them from my face right now. Got it, she said moving her hands off my face. When do I meet this Brian guy? Tonight actually!"

~Noelle~

Li talked me into meeting this guy and her better be all she hyped him to be too. I met him at Dave and Busters. This ain't a real date just hanging out so no need for him to know where I live or for me to pull out all the stops for him. I parked and walked into Dave and Busters to see this fine Channing Tatum looking dude waiting by the hostess desk.

"You must be Noelle he said smiling at me. And you must be an angel I said looking at him. Wait...Oh my god I can't believe I said that out loud I said blushing. I've been called a lot of things but never an angel, he said laughing." I know what yall are thinking two different ends of the spectrum, but I like what I like so I roll with it. "I am sorry Brian; I just wasn't expecting...you weren't expecting me to be this fine were you, he said laughing. Honestly, when Lisa said Lorenzo's friend I thought you were gonna be...I cleared my throat more like him. Naw Lorenzo is cool I played ball with him a few times but we not really friends more of associates. Your table is ready" the waitress said looking Brian up and down and then giving me a smug look.

"Come on baby our table is ready I said grabbing his hand and walking past the waitress. Wow 5 minute conversation and I already got you calling me baby, he said laughing. Don't be cocky, I only did that cause the waitress was being a skank. Ahh if you say so, I think you trying to be my girl and you don't want to admit it. Don't fool yourself pretty boy it takes a lot to get and keep me. Is that so? Yeah it is. Well Noelle I like a challenge. You don't even know the half of it."

~Jamal~

"Man Charles this girl is special, like she is all I can think about. Really Jamal, that's what you said about the others and look where you are with them. It's different with her she's special, real special. So what happened to the original person that you went there for? Naw she already tied to someone and plus she a little too...smart for your ass!" I looked at Charles and smacked my teeth, "no I was gonna she's too uptight for me."