Crack the Code

He grabbed my hand a couple minutes later and placed it upon another scanner which lit up at my touch.

"You are now a part of the system," he announced.

"So what's next?"

"Next, we teach you how to work this monstrosity."

Laila's POV

"Son of a-"

Hey don't blame me! You were the one who f*cked up the controls!" Louis defended.

"Why is it so damn complicated?!" I groaned, slamming my fist on the counter.

"Because Liam is a f*cking prick! He wanted a safe house, he sure as hell has got one!" Louis snapped.

"He's pretty freakin paranoid," I muttered.

"Let's try one more time," Louis sighed and rebooted the system.

Left, right, down, XF1, down, up. Seems simple right? It's not. Especially when I have to type it in less than 15 seconds and it's only one of the five codes to even begin to get into the system. After that, there's about 10 more steps.

Louis and I had been going at this for about 3 hours now and I couldn't even pass the first firewall of security.

"Good, good. Almost there," he mumbled as my fingers flew across the keys. "One more."

"Yes! I got it!" I cried out and jumped up out of the chair.

"Finally!"

"Now what?"

"Well, we have about four more sets of those and then the hard stuff."

"Wait, that wasn't the hard stuff?"

"Not even close love," Louis chuckled and left the room.

I smacked my hand on the table and groaned. Why was this so hard?

"Learning the controls?" A voice questioned, causing me to perk up.

Liam stood in the doorway with a small smirk on his face holding a cup of what looked like tea.

"Yeah," I sighed and combed my hand through my hair.

"I bet I could teach you a few tricks," he offered and stepped into the room.

"That'd be wonderful."

He smiled slightly and sat down next to me, now focusing on the keyboard.

"What do you seem to be having problems with?"

"The stupid- I mean wonderful codes," I muttered.

"Ah yes, those are a pain in the arse," he chuckled and scooted closer to me. I shifted a little uncomfortably in my seat and slowly turned to face him.

"Any suggestions?"

"I have a couple. The most important though, is to keep focused."

"Well no shit Sherlock," I wondered aloud. My eyes widened and Liam just cracked a smile.

"Don't worry, I do appreciate good sarcasm every now and then," he teased.
"Now, the real first step is to make up your own code."

"What do you mean?"

"Like a rhyme or a poem. Make up something to help you remember them so that you don't have to look at that paper so much."

"I guess that might help a little bit," I agreed.

*10 seconds later*

"Holy shite it worked! Liam you are a genius!" I cheered and wrapped my arms around him. He chuckled and I quickly pulled away after realizing how awkward I just made the situation.

"Uh, what's next?" I awkwardly asked.

"Next would be mastering the maze."

"Please tell me it's easier than it sounds."

"I wish I could say yes, but it's not. One tip I can give though is that left is always a dead end and the maze ends with a right turn," he replied.

"Ok dead end left, end right. How do I get to this maze?"

An hour or so after smashing my fist into the keyboard and yelling at Liam who did nothing but sit next to me, I decided to give up for the day.

"Don't worry, you'll get it soon enough," Liam assured me and helped me to get up off the chair.

We started to head out of the room and the next thing I know, my foot is caught on a wire, and I am sent tumbling to the ground.

"Oof" something puffed out and I opened my eyes to see that I had not landed on the ground, but on Liam.

My face reddened and I moved to get up but he pulled me back down.

"What are you doing?" I muttered and he smiled ever so lightly before lifting his head up to my level. He slowly leaned in closer to me and pressed his lips to mine.

Harry's POV

Italy. It had to be Italy. I remember Louis telling me it was where he went when he was in trouble. Boy was he in trouble now.

No one takes what's mine and gets away with it. If he laid a single finger on her with bad intentions in mind, there would be hell to pay.

The plane took off finally after a 3 hour delay and several bribes from myself to get a 6 hour maintenance job done in half the time. I needed to find her soon, who knows what Liam would do.

Of course, he still thinks she is on his side. If she can keep it up, she'll be safe. I shot a glare at Niall who was currently staring at me. He was lucky I needed someone to come along for backup. There was no way in hell I was bringing Zayn. His eyes widened when I caught him and he quickly looked away. I guess the lad really was concerned for me.

Louis' POV

I finished making lunch for Laila and I and carried it back to the computer room. After balancing everything on one arm to open the door, it slid open easily and I walked in.

"Hey Lai-" I began, but paused when I saw Liam's lips upon hers. Harry was gonna be so pissed. I watched Laila push Liam away and quickly climb off of him, rushing past me and slamming the door. Now, it was just Liam and I.

"What the hell did you just do?"

Author's Note

I am so so so so sorry for not updating for so long! School and Cross Country have eaten up all of my time! I wish I could have made this chapter longer but I owed it to you guys to update! Thank you so much for waiting. I hope you enjoyed the different POVs! I will try my best to update again soon!