Orem UT

This next week is going to be vey bad for updates, it's my first week at university which means a lot of inductions and parties etc. Everything should return to normal next week though. Thanks for all your support!

--------------------

Sleeping in his bunk - in his arms even - was a big mistake and Kirstie knew it the moment she woke up the next day. At first all she felt was the overwhelming need for water from her dry throat but slowly she began to gather her bearings and she became incredibly aware of just how close they were and where her hands had ended up throughout the night. Her heart began to race as she felt his smooth skin under her fingers, he was warm and the feeling comforted her but that didn't excuse the inappropriate position of them for people who were just friends. One hand had made its way to riskily be pressed against his abdomen under his shirt and the other had somehow found its way to be against the skin of his back with a few daring fingers bravely dropping under the edge of his sweats to rest again his underwear. For a very brief moment before her sanity kicked in she considered dropping her hands lower, attempting to discover as much of him as he could but then she remembered that only recently they had become close again, that she had a boyfriend she loved dearly, that friends don't touch friends like that. She withdrew her hands as quickly as she realised what she was doing and she couldn't help but feel a little disappointed with herself when she realised just how much she had loved the feeling of his skin against her's and just how much she yearned for that contact to return. He wasn't her boyfriend, he wasn't Seth but for some reason she couldn't shake how could it felt to be touching him like that, how at peace he looked while he slept not caring about the position of her hands, how for a brief moment that had all seemed normal for them so much so that she was considering pushing it further.

"Um Avi?" She quietly croaked out, shaking his shoulder as much as could while still being locked in his arms. Unlike her his hands hadn't strayed far from where he had left them, maybe he was holding her a little tighter than before but he certainly wasn't touching her under her clothes, he certainly wasn't feeling the burn of his hands against parts of her body he shouldn't be touching and to make matters even worse, Kirstie knew a large part of her wanted him to. "Avi."

"Mmhm?" He groaned and pulled her closer, burying her head into her shoulder making her shudder. She wanted nothing more than to wrap her arms around him and let herself succumb to sleep once more while in the safety of his arms. But, almost as if it was the only thing in her body thinking straight, her throat burned, desperate for some relief from some water and she was hastily reminded of what was happening.

"I need a drink... Could you like move?" Her voice was weary, not being able to project herself thanks to the combination of her scratchy throat and being flustered from the contact.

"What?" His eyes cracked open as it dawned on him what was happened. He pulled his arms quickly away from her, nervously fumbling around as he pulled one arm out from under her.

The loss of contact was felt almost immediately and made her stutter, unable to think coherently for a second as she readjusted to the new feeling. "M-move, I need a drink."

"Sorry." He murmured guiltily as he rolled out of the bed and landed on the floor heavily, reaching out a hand to help her down.

Avi smiled tiredly at her when she was safely on the group which only made the blush that had appeared on her face even worse. Choosing to end their contact then before she got worked up into an even more embarrassing state, she shuffled away towards the front in the search of some much needed water to cool her (and her throat) down. She heard the familiar creek of him pulling himself back into bed and the the noise made her grimace as she opened the fridge, almost as if the sound of mocking her and the tornado of feelings that was occurring inside of her.

As she opened the bottle she finally felt the pair of eyes on her that had been there the entire time but had gone unnoticed until Kirstie had finally regained all her senses. She took a sip of her water, determined if there was to be any confrontation she was going to do it with a relieved throat that was not gasping for hydration. She expected it to be Mitch catching up on some late night tv or maybe Scott having a midnight snack but she was certainly not expecting to see Esther sat on the couch staring right at her. Esther was always the first to bed and the first to wake up in the morning, never the other way round so seeing her there instead of a regular culprit startled her even more.

"Hi." Esther whispered with little emotion, clearly processing in her mind what she had just witnessed.

Kirstie opened her mouth to reply but hastily closed it when she realised she had yet to think of an answer for that. She has prepared for the comment about her having a boyfriend, she had prepared for any questions about her and Avi's relationship, she had even prepared for any enquires to whether or not they were having an affair, but the simple 'hi' had taken her aback.

Instead of answering, all she could manage was a hum before she took off towards the back of the bus, glancing quickly at Avi's closed bunk as she passed and wishing she could clamber up in after him into the warmth.

If Esther wasn't suspicious before, she certainly would have been after that display.

Sighing, she fell back against the couch in the empty room and rested her head against the back of it, staring into spare as she attempted to gather her thoughts. Kirstie had no clue how to solve the riddle of thoughts that was currently circling her brain. What had changed? Why had she felt like she wanted more to happen that the slight wandering of hands? Why did it not feel weird laying in his arms? It was Avi, the guy who up until then she saw as a brother, a distant friend, a person she used to love spending time with in a purely platonic way yet somehow she wanted more. Had she always felt like this? She doubted it, they used to spend too long together for those feelings to no have surfaced before but something had changed, something had caused her to subconsciously want to touch him. Maybe it was because of their distance, absence did make the heart grow fonder and as much as she was embarrassed to admit, there was nothing friend-like about how she felt for the first few moments after waking up. But she couldn't have feelings for him, surely it was purely down to feeling lonely after the stunt Seth pulled, those feelings must have been because of the drama in her life and not because of him. He was Avi, her band mate, her old best friend, her colleague and certainly not her beloved boyfriend.

And then there was Esther. Kirstie had no clue what to do about her nor did she know what she understood and where she stood because of it. All she did know was that she was going to be scrutinised by her from now on, every move she made would be carefully observes to try and suss out what was happening between her and her brother. She was protective, territorial even when it came to her little brother, no one could look at him the wrong way, no one could say something mean to him without feeling the wrath of Esther, you just didn't mess with her brother. Yet that was precisely what it looked like Kirstie was doing. For her, Kirstie and Avi had seemingly not been friends for a long time and then to suddenly find them crawling out of a bed together in the middle of the night had caused alarm bells to ring in her brain. She had to protect her brother, even if that meant watching one of her closest friends like a hawk and Kirstie knew her all too well to detect she was going to do just that to her.

She thought that moment in the back of the bus would have been the end of it, that her feelings would return to normal and that they would go back to how they were before, but it never happened. The second she saw him again  when she came out of the back lounge in the morning, her heart began to beat fast and her stomach began to tingle. Something as simple as seeing him lazily step out of his bunk to go outside and record had her worked up and she had no idea what was going on with her, all she knew is that she needed to figure it out, and fast.

------------------

(I wrote this in a car)

Thanks for your patience! We will have to see what happens :) Please vote/comment/follow if you enjoyed, it is much appreciated!