three

The room continued to spin around the more and more I pushed my feet against the ground, causing the swivel chair to move faster and faster. Everything in The Cortex was blurring together the faster I spun myself, and I could feel my head beginning to spin more and more as I pushed myself faster. The rain hadn't really let up in the past couple of days, which meant that crime and meta-human activity had gone way down. No one wanted to run around cause terror when there wasn't anyone to scare, so they were all taking a few days off. There had been nothing to do either in the precinct or in the Cortex, and it was starting to get to me. Izzy had been keeping busy by filling out paperwork for her transfer and for our case, so she didn't seem like she was too bored at the lack of crime. I had finished mine the night of our crime scene visitation so that I wouldn't have to worry about it later, but I could tell that she was just taking her time and making sure that she included every little detail in the paperwork. It was something that I would do whenever I really didn't have anything else to do afterwards, but I knew that Singh wouldn't read much of it. He would appreciate the three sentences of detail that he would read before filing it away in the archive in the basement.

"On a scale of one to ten, how bored are you right now?" Cisco asked me from across the room.

"Eleven." I groaned, rubbing my eyes. "I'm going to die if someone doesn't do something soon."

He chuckled. "I've never heard you so eager to have someone try to destroy the city. It seems very unheroic of you to talk this way."

I shrugged. "As long as it doesn't get me killed, I don't care. I just need something to occupy my time before I lose my mind."

"Why don't you go visit your partner?" He suggested. "That would give you something to do, and it would build a relationship with her so that you guys can work better together. It's a win-win for everyone."

"Are you sure that you wouldn't get too lonely here without me?" I asked with a smirk.

He chuckled, shaking his head. "I'll survive. I've been working on building you another suit since you've burned through two of them already."

"Hey, it wasn't my fault both times, and you know it." I defended.

He rolled his eyes. "Sure it wasn't, Barry. But I really do think that you should go hang out with Izzy instead of me. I mean, you see me all the time, but you barely see her."

"I know." I replied, looking down at my hands. "I just want to be here. You never know when a meta is going to strike, and it's always better to be near base than halfway across the city."

"You're intimidated by her, aren't you?" He asked, and I could hear the smirk in his voice.

I looked up at him. "I am not."

"Yes, you are. The Flash is intimidated by a girl." He laughed. "I have to meet this girl now."

"Cisco, no."

"Barry, yes."

Before I could protest any further, he was up, grabbing his jacket, and making his way out of the Cortex. I sighed heavily, pulling myself from the comfortable swivel chair and following after him, knowing that I wasn't going to like where this day was heading. In all honesty, I was intimidated by Izzy but not because she was a scary person. She was one of the nicest and most understanding people that I had ever met. It was just because she was so beautiful and amazing that I didn't know what to say whenever I was around her, and I was doing my best to not make myself look like a total idiot in front of her. Now that I was sure that nothing was ever going to happen with Iris, I was free to pursue any relationship I wanted, and, if I were to develop legitimate feelings for this girl, I didn't want her to think that I was some tongue-tied idiot who couldn't form a coherent thought. That wouldn't give off the impression that I was dateable, so I didn't want to make myself look like that.