Final Battles! (Pt. 6)

_____'s POV

I went and battled all four stages. Next, I battled people to get to the top and now I'm in the finals with Gary!

5 days ago....

"G-gary..."

He looked back. "Please! It's not what it looks like!" He begged. "But it looks like you're kissing another girl!" Tears started streaming down my face.
"No! Please don't cry! I wasn't kissing her! It looks like we were but we weren't!"
"T-then what w-were y-you guys d-doing?.."

I felt him wrap his arms around me. "We were just talking about stuff, that's all." I wrapped my arms around him. "H-honest?" "Honest." I looked up at him and then look behind him. It was the leader of his cheerleaders.

'I don't like her....' I thought.
I suddenly felt him stroke my hair.
"I promise you that I will forever be yours. You don't forget that, promise?" I looked up at him.
"Promise." We then let go of each other. "Now, ready to watch me win?" He smirked. "Of course!" We went to where we were supposed to go, I cheered and he battled, of course he won.

I can't wait until we both make it to the finals together!

•~Present~•

"Ready, Gary?"

"I was born ready, ___."

"Let this final match, begin!" Everyone cheered, louder than ever!

"Go, Venuasaur!"

"Go, Arcanine!"

•~•~•

There was so much smoke... No one could see. The dust finally cleared up.

"And the winner of this match is...... Venuasaur! So that means the victory goes to, ____!!!"

I won... I can't believe I won! I was crying. I ran up to Venuasaur and hugged him. "We did it bud... I told you we would do it!" "Venuasaur~!!" He let out a battle cry.

"Congrats." I looked up, to my side, to see Gary. "Thank you. But it wasn't just me, it was my Pokémon." I gave Venuasaur a thumbs up.

I looked back at Gary. We took each others hands and shook them. Everyone was cheering. I could hear, Blue especially.

•~•~•

I looked at the trophy in awe. I was so happy! I can't wait to see my home town again tomorrow and see my family and other friends again!