Chapter 9

When the Doctor woke up in the morning and felt Clara's arms around him. At first he was confused. Then everything came flooding back to him. Clara Oswald had kissed him. Clara Oswald kissed the Doctor. He couldn't help but grin. He planted a kiss on her forehead before carefully un-tangling himself and heading to the kitchen.

He didn't really know what Clara would want for breakfast. He opened a few cupboards and found that the  cereal with the least in it was probably her favourite. He pulled down the packet and chuckled quietly to himself. Coco Pops Moon and Stars, another reminder of how young Clara was.

Young. He certainly wasn't young. Maybe in his last regeneration it wouldn't even had mattered... but now he looked older. Doubt crept into his mind as he pulled the milk out of the fridge. Last night, was she thinking straight? Was she tired, was she really aware that she was kissing this old man? Suddenly he felt the urge to jump in his T.A.R.D.I.S and fly away.

Just at that moment, a weary looking Clara appeared at the entrance to the kitchen. She glanced at the cereal the Doctor was preparing.

'How did you know?' She asked.

'How did I know what?' 

'My favourite cereal'

'Lucky guess, I suppose.' 

'Well I suppose I'm lucky too.'

'How's that?' The Doctor asked, confused.

'I've got you.' Clara replied, moving into the kitchen. The Doctor watched her apprehensively, wondering what she was going to do, she could be very unpredictable. Clara just smiled and began to wrap her arms around his waist. The Doctor squirmed slightly, 'Clara, I- I'm still making breakfast.'

'Oh,' She withdrew abruptly. 'Sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable.'

'Of course you didn't, it's just... Clara are you sure you meant what you said last night...' He trailed off nervously.

'Yes.' Clara smiled. 'I care about you, Doctor. A lot.'

The Doctor really wasn't sure what to say 'It's just, I thought you wouldn't, you know, care about... This' He gestured towards his face. 'I'm not the easiest person to get along w-' He was silenced by Clara placing a finger on his lips.

'Doctor, I care about you. I don't care about the lines on your face or your hands. I care about you. And that means you don't need to worry. Ever. Because actually, I don't just care about you. I love you.'

'Well, you know what, Clara Oswald?' Smiled The Doctor. 'I love you too.' He opened his arms to her and she fell into them. And with all of his worries put to rest, The Doctor felt happier than he had ever felt before.

'How about we eat in the T.A.R.D.I.S?' Suggested Clara.

'Sounds good to me.' Said The Doctor with a smile.

------------------------------------------

OKAY SO THAT WAS A SUPPER SHORT CHAPTER BECAUSE I JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW I HAVEN'T COMPLETELY ABANDONED THIS STORY.

I'M GONNA HAVE TO GET BACK TO THE PLOT SOON... OR NOT.

ANYWAY TENKS FOR READING BUH BYE