chapter 1

It's dark and cold as you slowly wake up you find your self in a medal cage where am I you ask your self what's going on you can't remember a thing except for your name Carter and the name newt..puzzled you look around the cage you are in which is made if medal and very noise no light except for the dim light coming from who knows where as you look around you see boxes of stuff all with the same word stamped to the side of them wicked you mumble under your breath about 30 min later of hearing and seeing strange things you stop rather abruptly You fall back and crawl to the corner and bring your knees to your chest you hear something out side but you are not sure what it is in till the light floods in you cover your face your not used to the brightness when you hear a voice a very strange yet familiar voice. "Its a girl" what do you mean it's a girl?"I mean it's a bloody girl if you don't believe me then get your shuck face down here and look" just bring her up a strong voice from above says then you here "hello greenie I'm newt" you look up to see him tall and skinny hazel eyes and blond hair he has a smirk on his face and holds his hand out "why can't I remember anything" you ask as you take his hand he says "the creators the ones who sent us here they took it they took all of our memories away but they let us keep one thing and that's your name". As you stand up and take newts hand he climbs up the side of the cage then reaches down for you he pulls you up and when your up you dust the dirt off your self and look up only to be amazed by your surrounding you look around your self to see gigantic walls surrounding the entire place then you hear a voice behind you the strong voice you heard earlier "welcome to the glade greenie I'm alby". You turn around to find who is speaking to you "can you tell me what u remember anything? Anything at all he asks you" you look at him not knowing what to say Carter you mumble "that's your name he says we are all allowed to keep our names and that only". Newt! He yelled go find Chuck you watch Newt as he runs off noticing his limp alby notices you starting hey he says "I know your scared and I know you must be very confused and have a million questions but right now all you need to know is your safe here your safe with us just as long as you follow the rules" wh..what are the rules you manage to say alby looks at your straight in the eyes "first do your part we have no time for gladers to sit on there butts and do nothing around here every one has a job and for you right now you are going to stay with either me or Newt in till we figure things out second never hurt another glader and third never go out side these walls ever do you understand" why? Why do I have to stay in here what's the point?? "the point is to keep you safe to keep every one safe you may not understand now but later on you will but for now follow those rules." alby turns to start walking but you stop him why are we here? "I don't know but right now we are here to survive and Newt and I are here to keep every one in check but for now no more questions let's go find Newt and Chuck" his words puzzle you want to ask him so many questions you stand there for a moment not knowing what to say you so you follow him quietly and take in your surroundings in pure amazement.