chapter 3

Newt looks at you studying everything you are doing you notice but don't ask him why he is staring at you like that."you Carter your different not just because your a girl there's just something to you and I can't place it" you look up surprised at his words your cheeks get hot and you know your blushing really bad Newt smiles at your reaction and comes closer to you he places his hand on your shoulder and says "if anyone here trys to hurt you or says anything you come to me no matter what" I nod my head yes and smile for some reason newts touch comforts me in some way and I just want him closer you never realised how cute Newt really was until not he wasn't like the other gladers he was different she remember him but I don't know why you snap back into reality realising Newt still has his hand on your shoulder looking at you.You look down embarrassed and he laughs "get some rest carter I'm here if you need me" at that he smiles and walks away so I decide to look around a bit you walk over to a clump of trees near by and sit down looking into the sky letting your mind wander off and instead of thinking about the situation I'm in for some reason Newt every little detail about him his touch and the way he looks at you the way you feel around him but why what dose it mean as you stare off into your Owen little world you hear a voice "hey carter" Thomas says as he sits next to you "are you alright?" He ask "yeah I'm already I'm just thinking about stuff" he smiles "yeah I do that a lot too it confuses me why would some one do this to all of us with the maze and all the horrible reality of it" you look at him confused "the maze?" you say curious "yeah I guess alby hasn't explained to you yet but out there beyond the walls is a maze Minho and other runners have been trying to solve it for years but it changes every night" you look at him taken back by his words "so we are stuck here with all to do but survive in till we can get out of this shuck place?" he looks up at the sky and then down at the ground drawing in the dirt "pretty much but I know one day we will get out of here we will find a way I promise"Thomas stands up and brushes the dirt off his pants "how" you say "how what?what do you mean" you stand up and look at him " how can I become a runner?" Thomas looks at you and a smile forms on his lips "for now greenie let's not worry about it when the time comes it comes"and at that he walks away you head back over to the place Newt was you look over to newts spot in the trees to see it's empty Newt wasn't back yet from where ever he went so you walk over to your place and then you seem him asleep at the foot of the tree your bed was tied to you look at him and smile to your self he looks so much younger when he is asleep you run over to his spot and grab his cover and shortly return with it you walk over to Newt and cover him up you look at him and push some of his hair out of his face you whisper goodnight and head to bed.