People

Today was Saturday. I slept in until about nine o'clock and I got up and bathed and got dressed. I decided to wear my light blue dress. I wore a petticoat underneath it. I went into the kitchen and my mother was cooking sausage and eggs. "You're up early this morning Charlotte." She said. "I am going to my friend's house." I thought she was going to ask me who the friend was. But she didn't. "Okay. Be back before dark." I ate breakfast and then I went to James' house. He was happy to see me. His eye looked a little better. "So do you want to come to a party with me?" He asked. "My aunt and uncle are having a little get together and I told them about you. They asked me to invite you." Charlotte could not believe what she has just heard. Had he just invited her to a party? "What about your cousin?" I asked. "He will probably be there but I won't let him bother you." He said. I decided to go with him. We got there around three o' clock. His aunt and uncle were very nice. I helped his Aunt Deborah put the food out. About four o' clock guests started arriving. Jack and his friends ended up being there. At first he didn't see me. I was helping James in the kitchen and he started to kiss me. I leaned in and kissed him back. We were not paying attention and Jack and his friends walked into the kitchen. "What do we have here?"  he asked. Charlotte and James turned around to face his cousin. "We don't want any problems. She is a friend of mine. Just leave us alone." Jack looked at his cousin and said.  "She can't be friends and you can't be friends with her. What would your parents say?" "My parents already know about it and it is fine with them." The brown haired teenager said. Jack looked like someone had punched him in the stomach. As he walked out of the kitchen he looked at us and said "This isn't over. You are going to be sorry. You better be careful and be vigilant." We looked at him as he walked out. Again we didn't take his words seriously. We walked back into den. I enjoyed myself. Around six we decided to go back to his house. All the guests had left and Jack wasn't around. We had just gotten to his car when I heard someone behind me. I turned around and it was Jack. He had a Smith and Wesson pointed at me. I looked at James. He looked at me. "Jack don't anything stupid." He said. "Oh I don't plan on it." Jack said with a creepy smile on his face. I noticed that his friends were with him. "We are going for a car ride." James and I sat in the back of his black 1963 Chevy Impala. His friend rode behind him in a green 1962 Chevrolet Corvette. The car ride felt like the longest ride of my life. When he stopped driving, he pulled us out of the car. I looked around and we were in West Liberty, Kentucky. We had driving for at least an hour and a half. He told three of his friends to hold James back. What happened next was something that would forever stay in my mind. Jack started punching me in the face and arms. I fell down to the ground. I heard James yelling at his cousin to stop. I also heard him trying to break free. I don't remember how many times Jack hit me. The last thing I remember before I blacked out was James running towards his cousin. When I woke up my mother was standing over me. I looked up at her. She looked she had been crying. My whole body was sore. Before she could say anything I started crying. She just held me and let me cry. "Momma I am so sorry. I wasn't thinking. Please forgive me. "

My mother looked at me and said. "I forgive you. I am just surprised that you didn't tell me where you were going. You should be thankful that the young man that you were with called us." I was embarrassed but thankful to be alive. "How did I get back home?" I asked. My mother looked at me. James walked into my bedroom. "After you blacked out Jack's friends were afraid that you were dead. Jack took off and so did his friends. I tried to wake you but it didn't work. I knew you needed help. I started praying that someone would come help us. I don't how long I sat there but I heard a car pull up. I looked up and a man got out of his car. He asked if I needed some help. I told him that I did. He looked at you and he told me that his father was a doctor. He picked you up and put in the car. His father took care of you. I called your parents. I am glad you are okay." He looked at my mother. "I care for your daughter. I hope that your daughter and I can continue to be friends. She is very special to me." My mother looked at him and then looked at me. "I think you should be friends with her. Please protect and keep her safe". I was glad that my mother was okay with us being friends. I stayed in bed for a few days. James came over every day to check on me. I missed school on Monday. Nadine and Delores came over on Tuesday and brought me my assignment. "We miss you at school. Everyone has been talking about you. Jack has been bragging about what happened. The school has decided that they can't do anything about what happened since it didn't happen on school premises." They sounded disappointed. "I am coming back tomorrow. James said he is going to drive me to school.  "After a few hours they left and went home. I was still sore but I was ready to go to school. I woke up a little early. I decided to wear a green dress. My light blue dress that I had worn to the party got thrown away. I ate breakfast quickly and went outside to wait for James. About 20 minutes later he came outside. He look so handsome. He was wearing a black shirt with red stripes and blue jeans. He got out of his car and opened the passenger side door.