Chapter Ninteen

David's POV- Part 1

David and his wife Sharon decided to have a picnic at Woodland Park. Sharon was a petite woman and she had curly strawberry blonde hair and a heart shaped face. She also had a dimple in her right cheek. Sharon happened to be seven and a half months pregnant. David loved his wife more than life itself. He kept no secrets from his wife. Well maybe a few secrets. David and his wife walked through the park looking for a place to eat. Eventually his wife spotted the perfect place to have a picnic. While his wife was setting up the picnic, David decided to take a short walk. While he was walking, he noticed a familiar face. There was a young African American woman who was sitting under an oak tree reading Anne of Green Gables by L.M Montgomery. David started to walk toward her. The woman looked up and she saw a man walking toward her.  David continued on walking toward Charlotte. When he got to where she was sitting, he sat down next to her. He noticed that she was trembling. "Hello Charlotte, how are you? I'm so sorry about what I did. I have thought about what happened everyday. After I got out prison, I was so consumed with hate and malice. I had joined the KKK and I thought that I was doing a good thing. A week after I joined; I was asked to speak at a rally. I decided to walk to the rally, instead of driving to it. While I was walking, my vision started to get blurry and there was a lot of pressure. But I was determined that I was going to make to the rally. I ended tripping on the sidewalk and I ended up at St. Joseph Hospital. I found out while I was there that I had a detached retina and that I needed emergency surgery.  I didn't know it at the time but God was working on me. The doctor told me that I would have gone blind, if I hadn't had surgery. I was still angry and upset about what had happened. I decided to go to the chapel. It was first time in years that I had step foot in God's house. I wasn't sure what I would find.

I am sorry that this chapter is short. The next one will be longer.