Nine: Permission Granted

Hannah stepped out of her silver impala and took a deep breath. It was Monday morning and she was nowhere near prepared for what the day held. She'd be in the hospital for the first time since being a patient there, and frankly, it was nerve wracking. Why had she agreed to do this?

Tugging her pea-coat tighter over her new black blazer, Hannah walked up the doors of the Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital and entered. She found the elevators quickly after introducing herself to the receptionist, and soon enough she found herself on the fourth floor. Thank goodness she found Wilson's office before she needed to ask for help.

Looking through the widow, Hannah caught a glimpse of Wilson as he put a book back on the shelf behind his desk and sat down. Her breath caught in her throat; how could she face him, knowing how she felt? And what if someone found out about their affair? Regardless, Hannah knocked on the door before letting herself in.

"House, I told you, I'm busy." Wilson sighed as he spoke, not looking up. Hannah cleared her throat.

"Hello to you too, James," she greeted sarcastically. She couldn't help but smile when Wilson looked up at her, embarrassment clear on his face.

He stood up, motioning for Hannah to sit down. "I- Sorry, please, sit." he said, and only sat back down after Hannah had rested her coat on the back of the chair and sat down in front of his desk. "Well, this is my office. Feel free to stop by at any time, even if I'm not here."

"Alright," Hannah replied, looking around the room. "Nice place." That put a smile on both of their faces, before their eyes met. Hannah froze under his gaze, but thank goodness the door to Wilson's office burst open before either of them had to say anything. Hannah could tell by the mismatched footfalls that it was House.

"The sexual tension in here is astounding," he said, looking from Wilson to Hannah as she turned in her chair to face him, trying hard not to blush at his words. "Good thing Cuddy wants to see you." Wilson stood before House could say another word - that was his mistake. "No, not you," House continued, "her."

Confusion made its way into Hannah's brain - who was Cuddy? Thankfully, Wilson spoke before she could. "But how does she know about this?" Hannah spun back around in her chair to look at Wilson; he still hadn't sat back down.

"Duh, she owns this place? Nothing gets by her. Also, Cameron's not the toughest nut to crack," House explained. Hannah frowned at his words before standing up.

"Alright, I'll go," she said to House, before turning back to Wilson once again. "But I'm surprised you didn't tell her I'd be working here." She sighed before motioning towards the door. "Shall we go?"

With a small smirk to Wilson, House turned and led Hannah to Cuddy's office.

---

House explained to Hannah on the way that Cuddy was the Dean of Medicine and Chief Hospital Administrator. Everything fell into place for her when that information was revealed. Unfortunately, Hannah's nervousness intensified. What could she possibly want?

Just as they were about to turn the corner, House stopped and spoke. "Now, I'm avoiding her, so just knock on the first door on the left."

"Avoiding her? Why?" Hannah asked, clearly confused.

"Clinic duty," he responded, before backing away, leaving Hannah alone to face Cuddy. As House had said, Cuddy's office was the first door on the left - the only door on the left, really. She knocked quietly before letting herself in.

"Doctor Cuddy?" she called. Perhaps she should have waited her someone to let her in - but she was an 'in the moment' thinker, and it hadn't crossed her mind until it was too late.