Part 2

I had visited Mark every night for an entire month now. I could tell it was a month because the moon was completely full again, just like on the night I met him. In such a short time, we had learned so much about each other. But there was still something I wondered that I was always a bit too shy to ask him...

Yeah, you guessed it. I still didn't know where his dick was. Call me immature, but it was something I needed to know if we were going to do...it. And I was curious about something else, too. I wanted to drink his blood. Just a little, of course. The idea seemed so erotic to me, I shivered as I was walking down to the beach.

I came back to the place he always was, the rocky spot. I looked around, not seeing him anywhere. Was his family holding him up or something? I had no idea.

"Mark!" I called. "Oh merman of mine!"

He popped up out of the water a few feet from where I was standing, smiling brightly.

"Hey, babe," he said.

"Mark!" I sat down my backpack on a rock and ran to him, getting in the water and hugging him tightly. "I missed you."

"But you saw me last night," he stated, smirking at me.

"That doesn't mean I didn't miss you, ass," I punched his chest playfully and kissed him.

He kissed me back and lightly bit my bottom lip, tugging on it. "Rayna, there's a place I want to show you."

I raised one eyebrow at him. "Is it underwater?"

"Well, to get there, we'll have to go underwater, but there will be air and dry places to sit."

"What is it?"

"It's an underwater cave," he said. "How long can vampires hold their breath?"

"About 15 minutes," I answered him honestly. "Is that enough time?"

"Definitely, it's plenty," he said, smiling. "Especially since I'm a merman and I can swim really fucking fast."

I laughed. "So, you just want me to hang onto you while you take me there?"

He nodded. "And don't forget your stuff."

I walked over and picked up my backpack, feeling very lucky that it just so happened to be waterproof. I put it on and walked out into the cool water. Mark turned around and let me get on his back, draping my arms around his neck.

"Rayna, are you ready?" he asked me.

I took a big gulp of air and nodded into his neck.

He took a breath, and then in no time, we were underwater. Humans wouldn't have been able to see much, but, like all vampires, I had excellent night vision and could see almost as well as humans saw underwater in the middle of the day. Mark must have had it, too, because we were at the cave entrance in only a little more than five minutes.

He took me inside the cave and moved us up so I could breathe again. I swam over and sat on a rock shelf jutting from the side of the cave. Those 'shelves' were everywhere here, and there were little purple flowers everywhere that glowed enough that I didn't need to use my night vision. I was in awe at the beautiful sight. The cave was huge.

I turned and saw Mark gulping for air as well. I was confused.

"I thought merfolk could breathe underwater," I said. He had even shown me the gills that were on the sides of his tail.

"Yeah, but we need water AND oxygen to survive," he told me. "I can hold my breath for ages and use my gills, but only for so long. The same way with just breathing air and not using my gills. Do you honestly think most merfolk would still surface if they didn't have to, with all the drama with humans?"