9 | Good Kid / M.A.A.D City

Mrs. Wenzinburgin had to be the most annoying teacher at Centennial.

She was the teacher that I had right before lunch, and taught 12th grade English.

She was up in the front of the class going on and on about finals. We always had finals on the last day of school, but the last day of school was obviously a month from now. Meaning - it wasn't that deep for her to be ranting about finals at this current moment.

Especially in her annoying ass voice.

She sounded like one of those people on the smoking commercials who pressed a button in they throat to talk or some shit. I would rather be any where but in her class at the moment.

I checked the time on the clock that was right above the board, and instantly let out a long dramatic sigh. We had at least 15 more minutes left in here until the bell rang for lunch. My stomach was kicking my ass at the moment!

I decided I would take a nap to pass by the time, but as soon as I laid my head down on the desk and closed my eyes, somebody threw a paper ball at my head. I instantly shot up and looked in the direction of where the ball came from. Light Switch was in the corner of the room holding his stomach while cracking up.

I flipped him the bird when Mrs. Wenzinburgin wasn't looking and opened up the paper ball that he had just threw at me.

You know Leaf birthday Saturday right?

Yeah why? Saturday is tomorrow.

I crumpled the paper back up and threw it back at him. A few moments later he threw it back.

He told me to tell the boys that we hitting the movies up tonight, so he said bring dates.

I guess you can bring Jordin. Then tomorrow we hittin up the club for his birthday.

Why can't I bring someone other than Jordin? Why y'all niggas automatically assuming we in a relationship? lol

Cause y'all are! Marcus already told me about y'all conversation at the park. You hit yet?

Just as I turned around to give him a 'nigga are you serious' look, Mrs. Wenzinburgin cleared her throat and turned her attention towards me and Light Switch.

"Do you boys want to come share your conversation with the class since it's obviously more important than finals?"

"No Mrs. Wenzinburgin," I replied as I quickly placed the note away into my bag.

"So Mr. Duckworth - you can place the note inside your bag, but you can't make an effort to throw it away in the trash can?"

"I was -"

"Detention - tomorrow directly after school. If you don't show, it will result in a drop if one letter grade and a referral."

Was she serious right now? She couldn't be!

I sighed as I gathered up my things and exited the class room when the bell rung. I didn't even want to talk to Light Switch. I was totally pissed off and I just wanted some food.

It took me forever and a year for me to even get through the line when I got to the cafeteria. It was nothing but a bunch of niggas of course, in line trying to get the spicy chicken sandwiches before anybody else could. The spicy chicken sandwiches were the only good thing at this school of ours.

'Bout time I got up to the line, the person in front of me took the last one. I rolled my eyes as I grabbed a bowl of nasty looking chicken alfredo , and paid for it. I guess this was just going to have to work for today. I was hungry as hell and didn't even care anymore.