Chapter 5

Kels Bar-B-Que 'N Grill

~~~~~

After we pulled ourselves from the bathroom floor, Justin asked if I would like to hang out with him all day and I more than gladly accepted. I was halfway out the door when he stopped me.

"Um, Geneeva?"

I turned toward him, my hand resting on the doorknob. "Yeah?"

He cocked his head and rubbed his neck as if what he was about to say was uncomfortable. "No offense, but, I'm not taking you out while you look like...that."

I looked at him confused before I rushed to the bathroom. I gasped and nearly screamed when I saw the girl looking back at me in the mirror. Not only did I still have my dress on from last night but my hair and makeup was a mess. My hair sat atop my head in a heap of tangles and curls and some questionable things were tangled in there. My mascara was running down my cheeks and it had mixed with my foundation making it a mix of black and creme. My lipstick was smudged across my left cheek, and my eyeshadow had made its way onto my forehead. And my lashes were drooping or appeared to be because my eyeliner was dripping.

"Remind me never to drink that much again," I said still in awe at how horrible I looked.

Justin came and leaned against the door frame. "So I'm guessing you'll need a minute?"

I turned to look at him in horror. "A minute?!" I looked at myself in the mirror and pouted. "I'll need a good two."

After closing my self in my room for approximately two hours and fifty-two minutes, I was ready to go. I had fixed my makeup, coating it on a lot lighter, and untangled and straightened my hair. I put on faded jeans, a plain white tee, a dark purple hoodie, and black slip-ons.

"Better?" I asked walking into the living room where Justin was comfortably sitting on the couch.

"Better," he said standing and ushering me toward the door.

"So where are we going," I asked as we stepped onto the porch.

"Honestly," a nervous smile spread across his face as he rubbed his neck, "I have no idea." I looked at him my eyes full of amusement, and raised my brows while my lips formed a smirk. "My plan was to get you out of the house, I didn't think too far past that." I burst into laughter with my hand over my mouth as I bent back and my foot raised off of the ground. When I stopped for air his face was completely red making me laugh more.

"Come on," I said after I was finally done laughing, "-It's almost one. I know exactly where we could go."

○○○○

"Mhm! This is the best sandwich ever," Justin said stuffing his mouth with his second Triple Decker Heart Attack.

"You like it?" I said sarcastically, "I never would have guessed." He blushed and wiped at his face and I laughed.

We were sitting in my all time favorite restaurant, Kels Bar-B-Que N' Grill. It was a local family owned diner that the current owners grandma had started in 1968. Though the building was old, the family took special pride in the place and kept it up to par, altering the original look of the diner as little as possible. Most everything was the original design. The yellow-checkered wallpaper, matching checkered linoleum flooring, red leather booths and stools around the bar, rounded square walnut wood tables with light galvalum metal surrounding the perimeter. The only new age thing would be the TV. The old one of course couldn't last forever.

"I'm stuffed," Justin said sitting back rubbing his stomach.

"I hope you're not too full." I leaned in across the table, a mischievous grin on my face. "The night is still young." I hopped out of the booth and ran to the door.