Chapter three

She looked up from fixing her hair "Monsieur" she asked with a hint of confusion in her beautiful voice "well you can't of lost it I was only fourteen and soaked to the skin" as I said that her face light up she turned around in excitement and jumped up "because you had run into the sea to fetch my scarf, oh Raoul so it is you" she said giggling while hugging me tight. I was taken back by this affection she gave me and I was in heaven but suddenly she pulled away I saw the look of fear come across her face, I became worried 'why is she scared? Did I do something wrong?' I thought to myself. "Little lotte let her mind wonder," I started "you remember that too" she replied now looking happy as she remembers our story "am I fonder of dolls or of goblins or of shoes" we carried on singing a little rhyme about the little lotte girl, stuck in that beautiful memory then Christine pulled me out of it "father said, when I'm in heaven child I will send the angel of music to you" she said with hope "well father is dead raoul, and I have been visited by an angel of music" she carried on with sadness and excitement, me going along with our little joke "oh no doubt of it and now we go to supper" I spat out instantly regretting it, but still wanting her to come with me. " no raoul the angel of music is very strict" she said and fear consumed her again, I became very puzzled as I had no idea if she was playing along or not, "we won't be out for long, I'll fetch my horses and you get ready, little lotte" I said but I sounded like I ordered her to, I really hope she doesn't think I'm a jerk, I quickly ran before she could decline all I heard was her screaming "Raoul" I turned around but she was gone and I heard her dressing room door slam. 'You idiot she thinks your a jerk ' I thought to myself. I really should go back but I decided to go and get the horses and apologise to Christine afterwards.