Chapter One- Andromeda

I quickly hobbled back out to my car. No. I decided last minute not to take it. The police were already on their way. A car pulling away from the scene of the crime was bound to be suspicious. I quickly hopped across the driveway to the edge of the forest, continuing on without looking back.

This was bound to make tomorrows news, I knew I was screwed. This isn't the first job I'd screwed up- and that being said, I knew my punishment would be worse then the last.

Ignoring the pain in my broken ankle, I continued to hobble on, quickly, pulling out my phone as I went.

"What?" The voice on the other end snapped.

"Harley- It's me." I said quietly, glancing behind me.

"Andromeda- Whats the news?" She asked quickly.

"I got it done. It took five try's- but it's done"

"And?" She asked, knowing that wasn't the full story.

"And I may have forgotten to check that no one else was in the house before I did the job."

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying the cops are on to me." I whispered into the phone as the sound of sirens blared in the distance.

"Damn it Andy."

"I'm sorry- just, where are we meeting?" I said in a hurry.

"In Topica."

"Kanssas? Again?"

"Don't question. Three days- same place." She hung up. I slipped my phone back in my pocket and limped faster, eventually finding my way to a near by intersection. I flagged down a nearby car and asked them to drive me to the nearest motel.

-----Three Days Later----

I paced the room, wincing with every step. I wrapped my foot up tight in an old t-shirt, and used a few pens to keep it straight, but it was no cast, and I knew my foot wasn't getting better anytime soon.

Even though I was expecting it, the sharp knock on the door made me jump. I quickly limped to the door and opened it up. The tall blonde Harley stood in front of me.

"What did you do?" She asked angrily as she slid into the room.

"I'm sorry-"

"Don't start it with me." She snapped, getting close to my face. "I'm not taking another beating because you can't murder undetected." Her blue eyes flashed black.

"I'm sorry." I said again. "The guy pushed me down the stairs and I broke my ankle- Have you ever tried killing a runner with a broken foot?" I asked.

"No- I haven't and frankly, I don't want to. Just come on." She grabbed my arm and pulled me out the door.

-=+=--=+=--=+=-

"So thats your excuse is it?" The king asked walking back and forth in front of me. I looked down at my healed foot.

"With all due respect sir- It's not necessarily an excuse." I said with a shrug. He chuckled.

"I like you Andromeda."

I raised my eyebrows.

"Oh?"

"Yes- so this time I won't punish you."

"Thank you sir." I sighed.

"But-" He said holding up his finger, a small smile on his face. "Only if you can complete another job- in three months time."