Chapter Six: Geronimo

Chapter Five: Geronimo

"Well we rushed it,
Moving away too fast
That we crushed it,"

--------------------------------------------------------------

>> A P R I L <<

I stare at the flowers left on my porch, frowning. Does my mum have a secret lover? Or did the person get the wrong address? I crouch down and a small smile escapes my lips as I admire the shapes and curves that fill each petal. Each petal pinker than the first. Soft and mellow. I lean down and smell them, an intoxicating scent of natural perfume fills my nose.

From the corner of my eye, a paper glints. I grab it and sit crisscrossed on the cold cement and carefully open the small squared envelope. My fingers ever so lightly grazing the tips in hopes that it might not be a wrong address, but that some prince charming might actually be interested in me.

A little square piece of paper comes out and sloppy handwriting fills the blanks.

-Last night I looked up into the stars and matched each one with a reason why I like you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars.-

I looked at the back and my name was scrolled in sloppy writing. I instantly looked around and a bush had moved "mysteriously". This must be some prank. Yeah, lets prank the nobody into thinking somebody might actually like her. Very funny huh?!

I smoothed out my dress and walked hastily to where the "wind moved the bush". A person, or a boy stood up and I let out a yelp. The boy had the guts to laugh at me! I glared at him and as I did I recognized him. I had to be blind and deaf not to.

"Hey, April." he said scratching the back of his head, a boyish grin that could make my faint, could.

"You are?" I ask. Because honestly, I know his face. But his name poof! Goes away. Vanishes into the air. His face and body and well him over all will never be erased, which sucks major blood.

"Come on you know my name." he says and starts walking to the porch of my house, it amazes me how confident he is. His shoulders straight but somehow his body leaned in a carefree way. Head up and eyes bright looking everywhere.

I follow him. "Where are you going?" I ask him.

"Inside. It's cold out here." he grabs the flowers and opens the door to my house, I run after him.

"What are you doing here?" I ask once again. More confused than ever as he enters and looks around.

"Where's your room?" he asks ignoring my question.

"Up your ass!"

"I'll just find it myself." he walks, still holding the flowers. Opening every door in the house until he goes into the one he assumes is mine. I stomp because he guessed my room right. I hate this! No one goes in my room, but my family and I. Stupid mutt. Little weasel. I'll show him who is boss! 

I will. I'll slap his dick and make him a girl. No, I'll punch his nose and give him a free nose job!

"Get out-" my voice fades away as he is looks at my wall. A wall I have covered in picture, memories, dreams. All the anger fades away like it usually does when I walk into the peace of my room. 

I get the good chance to look at real life boy. I really need to remember his name. "Please tell me your name." I softly ask.

"Jason."

"Jason." I repeat, his eyes still tracing the pictures on the wall.

I stand behind him. Looking at my wall. Mine. The first picture I find is of my whole family, all of us with a wide smile. I go to the next, where I find the landscape of mountains going into infinitude. Colors and enhances fill my eyes. I can't focus on one. I can't choose one memory or one picture because it would be like a mother can't choose their favorite kid. Yet secretly they have one, as I secretly have a favorite among the pictures. 

"You took these?" Jason says taking me out of my trance.

"Yup." I whisper back and sit on one of my bean bags. Jason finally decides to stop admiring my piece of art and walks towards me. "What are you-" I'm cut off as he practically sits on top of me, maybe he pushed my off with his humongous body but he sat on my spirit.

He picks me up by the waist and sets me on his lap. I try to wiggle away but his stupid grip is way too strong. "Why did you do that? And let me go you prick!"

"Cause I wanted to sit on a bean bag. You only have one and I couldn't move a lady. So we both share. Plus I actually like this position." he huskily whispered in my ear, sending shiver into my ear and down my spine. I wish there was an off switch to that type of stuff.

"Alright. Your logic is idiotic, but alright. Now tell me again why you are here? And the flowers? And why you came in my room?" I say resigned to not being moved and who said I was complaining. I am very comfortable right now.

"I'm here to swoon you off your feet." he simply said making me scoff. A silence crept in after that but I didn't want to be the first to speak.

Jason suddenly stretched away not letting go of my waist. He sat back, but he now had a camera in his free hand. My canon rebel t3i. He turned it on and being the stubborn person I am not. I have decided I am giving him the silence treatment. Which never works, yet it will one day.

He flipped the screen and the camera was now on us. "Come on. April. Smile." he took a picture but I didn't look. I stared at the red spot on the floor. Hot cheetos? Or salsa? Or both? Who knows.

Jason's hand started tickling me and I let out a giggle. Then the giggles became laughs. "Please s-tawp." I begged between ragged breaths feeling like my lungs were going to burst.

"April sweetie?" my mom called opening the door to my room. We froze and my eyes widened.

I jumped off of Jason and he stood up. I coughed to the side trying to cough away the awkwardness, I hate my life. I hate my life. I hate Jason. "Hello, Mrs. Crane. I'm Jason, pleasure to meet you." Jason said breaking the silence. Since when does he have manners! More importantly since when does he know my names?

I looked up to find my mom with a large smile. "Well hello Jason. Call me Grace. No never mind I like Mrs. Crane. It's nice to finally meet April's boyfriend. She told me she didn't have one. But she never likes to tell me anything. Thinks I'm going to embarrass her. Imagine esta nina. (this girl)."

"Mom! he is not my boyfriend." I interrupt her before she says any more things she shouldn't.

"April, let's not lie to your mom. Mrs. Crane, April and I actually started dating today." Jason, or mason. Or whatever his face is, lied. That liar is going to hell and I'll make sure he suffers!

"Mom give me a second with my "boyfriend"." I said and shooed my mom away.

"Get out!"

"But-"

"Out and don't talk to me. Look at me. Or anything. Just out!" I yelled. I gave him my back as I heard a sigh. His footsteps slowly decaying, and small chatter slowly seized. Until I heard nothing. I closed the door. Why me? Seriously why me?

I jump onto my bed and let out a sigh. 

Another frown makes it's way to my forehead, since when did I become so aggressively pissed?

Authors Note:

UHm.. EDITED!!