6. Neil's POV

I paced my room looking miserably at Ishani's photograph. Her outburst in her balcony was telling me that our relationship might not be easiest. I clicked her sleeping last night. Her face looked peaceful. Her lips full, her face looked angelic with her beautiful lashes touching her cheek, as she slept on my arm. the photo was not vulgar but the most pure form of love I has felt was captured in it. I saw dad snatching my phone. I did not see him enter and did not know how he caught my phone but I was about to be busted. My thoughts ran towards Ishani. What will her parents think. I looked down as my father saw the photo wide-eyed and gave me my phone. "That's Ishani and that's your arm," he stated as he closed the door. "Your maa will lose her mind if she sees this photo. Are you both lovers," he asked. I cringed, I had to make sure where our relationship stood before I told anyone, "no papa. It happened," I said. "Do you mean you slept with my best friends daughter without any intention of marrying her," he asked angrily. I did not know what to say, I had always loved her but Ishani had the right to know it first. I cleared my throat but dad was already planning, "I give you three days in Mussorie before you both announce your love or I will have to interfere." As he left the room he said, "please delete that photo it's not in good taste."

I looked and the photo one last time and hit the delete button. I was so positive of our relation but seeing Ishani uncomfortably out of place made me think she was doubting it. Maybe she wanted me to make a move. But the earrings were a move. Maybe she wanted me to be a bit more direct. And those hugs were not helping my case. I wanted her back in my bed now.

I got up at 4 packed my clothes, charger, showered, went down for a cup of coffee and messaged Ishani, "can't wait for the drive! U up?" She replied immediately, "yes meet you in 5 minutes."

"Maa how do we all go?," I asked as maa was busy packing sandwiches and tea for the way. "We take the Ford endeavour you take your Audi," dad replied as he entered. "Sure, I have booked two suites instead at the Sterling's resort," he said. As they went outside dad said, "take care of Ishani on the way."

I went outside and the cool October air was a relief all I had was these three days to make Ishani realise my love for her. The pressure from dad was going to be a huge boost I realised.

Uncle, aunty were coming outside with their bags. "Hello uncle, aunty" I went over to greet them. As the driver picked and put the luggage in boot, I saw Ishani walk out looking sad like she had not slept all night. She was wearing a pink velvet track suit and her face was covered with her hair. My heart went out to her maybe that night was not the brightest moment for her, maybe she expected me to commit to her first.
I nodded towards Ishani and sat in the car.

The elders sat in the other car. Ishani sat next to me and we started moving. As I hit the highway I felt excited. Going on a long drive usually did that and looking at Ishani I knew how to get her smile back. I gave her a cigarette and kept a finger on her lips, "your last cigarette Ish. Hear me out as you smoke," I told her. As she opened the window and started smoking her Marlboro light, "Ish that night was a mistake alcohol impaired our judgement but it was the best moment of my life. I want to marry you," I had kept my heart on the table. Hell I had kept my heart on a silver platter and I tore my eyes away from the highway and looked at her. Ishani was staring at me dumbfounded with the cigarette in her hand as she coldly whispered, "I don't remember that night."

PS have put a photo of the drive to Mussorie I took months ago. Hope you like it. Next update Friday. Thanks for reading my story.