20. Ishani's POV

Mid week love for all my readers. The updates will hopefully be quicker. Please do vote for the story.

After Neil kept the phone down I puked again and stepped into the shower. Late last night a crying Reet had called me and asked me to come over. I promised to come ASAP.

I wore a long blue skirt with a loose yellow crop top and a lehariya dupatta. I picked some chunky earrings and applied lots of kohl. I clicked a selfie and sent it to Neil with the caption "I'm feeling better now." I went downstairs and told mom that I was going to Reet's s she is not well. As I drove to Reet's I tried to call her. When she did not pick, I called Sid, "Hello Ishani. All okay?" He sounded sleepy. "Sid, morning! Where's Reet? Did you guys fight" I demanded.

"Ishani hold it. I'm home. I'm in Punjab," he sounded angrier than necessary. I kept the phone down and tried Reet again and again as I sped towards her house. I reached Reet's house in 20 minutes. I stepped out and felt the winter chill. I should stop wearing filmsy clothes before I fall ill. I rang the doorbell continuously but Reet did not open. She was a heavy sleeper. It is 6.15 in the morning the day was yet to break and its still dark. I called Sid, "Ishani again?" He was annoyed. "Listen Mister I have no intension of chit chatting with you but please tell me what's wrong with Reet." He lowered his voice and said, "you husband and wife are perfect for each other. Equally crazy. I have not called Reet since yesterday when I left for Punjab. Bye Ishani."

I tried the doorbell again and went to the car. I felt numb with the chills. The air was getting colder. It looked like it would rain heavily, soon. Reet put up 5 minutes away from office but it wouldn't be open at this hour. All malls would be closed too. I rummaged the car and found the shawl Neil had gifted me. I felt warmer as I went to ring the bell repeatedly. I dialled her again but she did not pick. I could call Andy I figured out. He must stay nearby. So I called him and he picked it in one ring as the weather outside turned grey with cold winds. I went to my car, "Andy give me your address. I'm coming right now," I said. The cold air was too much. It took me 15 minutes to understand and reach his place and it started raining heavily. The house was in a posh Kailash colony. Andy stood by the gate with a huge umbrella. He got to my side door as I parked the car, "ish what happened?" he said with a soft hug. His heat made me realise how cold I was. I shivered as we rushed inside in the pelting rains. "I went to Reet's house but she is sleeping and did not open up," I said as we entered his house. "Thanks for allowing me" It felt uncomfortable and suddenly I wasn't sure of my plan. His second floor house had bare white walls, lots of camera equipment. A grey sofa with huge bay windows that offered a great view of the park in front. "Sit Ishani. Friends don't need permissions" he went inside and got me a blanket which I took and felt better. Andy went to the kitchen and came out with hot coffee. Ahh! Such a saviour. He looked handsome with a cup of coffee in his hands, sweatshirt and lowers, ruffled hair, stubble and an unlit cigarette in his mouth. He looked at me and I looked down embarrassed to be checking him out. "Why are you up this early?" I asked tepidly sipping my coffee. "I love clicking photos of thunderstorms. They bring back memories," he replied as he came and sat next to me. "You want one?" He offered me his cigarette. I lit one and the first puff made me feel better, outside it was crazy with lighting and heavy rains. We were discussing work when suddenly the light went and the room darkened. Only the lighting of the thunder added light. Andy was busy clicking photos by his camera and I looked outside. I got up when Andy called my name. I had slept off. The lack of sleep from the last two days made me nod off. This was uncomfortable. He had already stopped clicking and was updating the photos on his Apple laptop. "Why do you click Andy? What memories are you looking for?" He turned to me and I saw a raw hurt in his eyes, "memories of love, memories of being left, memories of broken dreams which make me restless from within," he softly whispered. "What happened exactly," I wanted him to tell me. The pain in his eyes mad be feel sad." I went to Thailand from my office for an advertising convention. It was a new chain of super luxury resorts and my company wanted to grab the India deal. I met Ree who was competition. She slept with me to take away my quotes and won the deal. I lost the deal and also my heart to a ruthless woman. I never saw or met her again but she touched my heart in a way that its still hurting and raw," Andy was lost in his Ree. When I saw my phone light up with Reet's number. "Reet, where are you? I have been out since 5.30 because of you." "Don't cry I'm coming in a bit," I replied to a bawling Reet.

I went back to Andy, "so show me her photo," I wanted to see this woman. "Andy looked at me and showed me three photos on his laptop, one of someone's eyes. It was a closeup of deep brown eyes. Another of a girl staring at the sea with thunderstorm raging. I could only see her back and long hair being teased by the wind. The third was of a woman's hand, she wore a brilliant ruby ring a huge one at that. The kinds I had seen for my engagement. Infact I think I had seen this ring too. I waited for the next photo but Andy looked up, " there are no other photos. She deleted them." I was shocked! "Is she friends with you online?" Andy's cruel laugh made me sympathise with him. He lit his cigarette and opened photos he had just clicked. After the lighting were beautiful photos of me sleeping. The thunder reflecting on my face made me look eerily beautiful. I looked lost in my dreams and deep sleep. They were beautiful. "Andy they are stunning. I love them," I touched the screen and took them on my phone via Bluetooth. "Thanks for letting me stay here Andy. I would have frozen outside," I picked up my bag and shawl planning to go to Reet. "Wait," Andy said and went to his room. He came back with a black hoodie, "the air is chilled outside. Winters are here please wear this." I hugged him bye, wore the jacket and went to Reet's. The door was open and Reet was still in bed looking at the walls. Fearing the worst I hugged her, "Reet what's wrong?" She started crying and her eyes were swollen and red. "Reet relax what's wrong?"
"Ishani I'm pregnant."

This one is a big surprise. How do you think will Ishani react? Will she be able to help Reet? Also do you think Andy's story needs to be written?