27 -Clarisse-

Daughter of Hades
Chapter 27 -Clarisse-
[Sarah's POV]
-
Tears in my eyes, on my pen, on my paper, on the gravestone. I was drawing my mother in a field composed of black grass and crying flowers. It was a dark and sad drawing but that was all I could draw right now. I was sad thereforI drew sadness.

I heard footsteps coming my way and looked up to see the schools most popular boy, Daren. He was captain of the football team and always pushed people around. I had no idea why he was in the graveyard or why he'd come over to me.

"Hello..." I said cautiously trying to get him to tell me what he was doing here.

"What's up homeless freak?" He smirked and sat down next to me. I glared at him. "What are you doing here?"

"Screw off." I snapped and held my notepad close to my chest. I wiped tears from my eyes so I wouldn't appear vulnerable.

"Rude," Daren said and leaned closer. "Come on, answer my question."

"My mother died." I said and stood up to leave. "I'm here to pay respects."

"Damn, what happens to her? I bet she offed herself because she didn't want to have something like you as a daughter." Daren sneered and I fought back tears.

"S-she was a great woman! She loved me!" I argued. This wasn't the first time I'd been bullied like this. I was often called an homeless freak or weak little emo. I never spoke much and always looked depressed. I smelt bad and always wore old, torn clothing because I didn't have a home or money.

"Avejezè, you don't need to lie to yourself! You're pathetic and everyone knows it!"

"Is she now?" A strong female voice spoke from behind me.

Both Daren and I turned to face the stranger. She had brown hair and fierce eyes. She was the most built girl I'd ever seen and I knew she could easily take down any guy at the school. She had an aura of confidence and I instantly felt safe.

"This doesn't concern you, bitch." Daren shouted and I saw anger in the girl's eyes.

"Well, maybe it didn't, but since you just called me a bitch I guess it concerns me now." She said and walked forward. She pushed past me and stood in front of Daren. She raised her fist and swung at his face, knocking him down with one blow. For good measure, she kicked him in the stomach before yanking him back to his feet. "Don't mess with a daughter of war, jackass." She snapped and pointed a finger at me. "And don't you ever mess with her again. She's under my protection now."

Daren nodded swiftly and the girl dropped him. He scrambled up and ran from the graveyard. Then the girl turned her gaze on me. Her eyes softened and she smiled a little.

"You okay?"

I nodded. "Yeah, thank you, um-"

"Clarisse," the girl held out her hand. "Clarisse la Rue."

I smiled and shook her hand. "I'm Sarah Avejezè."

"Nice to meet you." Clarisse sat down next to my mothers gravestone. "Let's talk."

⚡️️🌊💀💍☀️🌑📚🔪🌾📦💗🍷

After I explained everything to everyone Thalia nodded and stood up. "I want to talk with you alone." She said and I nodded. I followed her down to the basement and sat down on a beanbag. She sat next to me. "I had no idea you two knew each other." She glanced over apologetically. "She, um, she never mentioned you."