1.

Chapter 1.

Can you imagine a perfect start of the day than Dan being early at my place and yelling in my ears to wake me up? I had a feeling this day is gonna be pathetic and guess what it was, so much that I don't even want to write about it. There's something about the last day of school before the Thanksgiving break or to be honest any break that makes it completely insufferable. A week off sounded heavenly. I survived through classes, from almost dying from the weight of workload dumped on me.

I made my way to the bookstore quickly. Is it just me or anyone else gets anxiety thinking about getting late?

I smiled at Delilah, glasses on the tip of her nose going through accounts. "Hey." I huffed a little. She wore a maroon blouse and skirt. A bit too formal for a bookstore but I knew she liked it that way. 'no work is less' she always chided.

"Hi. Don't worry, you're on time." She patted my flushed cheek and chuckled.

I rolled my eyes. I went to the changing room at the back and changed into my work clothes. The same old yellow polo shirt which was still two sizes bigger, but I like it that way. Comfort above all has always been the motto. I pricked myself while putting the name tag. My fault for doing that while walking to the store. I checked if there was blood and thankfully there wasn't. I survived. Barely. Sheesh, I'm all dramatic today.

"How's school?" Delilah asked nodding at Rhonda who walked past us to change. For a change, her strawberry blonde hair was in a ponytail, her face sullen. I wonder who killed her unicorn? She always seemed chirpy.

I nodded at her and turned to Delilah giving her a look. "Still a pain, and always will be D, you don't have to ask me everyday."

She shook her head with a smile. "Got a lot of work right?" She couldn't be more accurate. Just a few more months, Samantha, I sighed internally, just a few more months. My eyes looked around the messy counter and shelves a bit messier than usual.

I grabbed some books left on the counter and started putting them in their right places. "You know, you'd think breaks and holidays are supposed to be relaxing. But guess what, no! Teachers are cruel. They wanna ruin it with buttload of crappy assignments due just the day school reopens."

Delilah let out a hearty laugh. "Aw you poor girl." She had the nicest blue eyes I had seen.

I rearranged a few more rows. I never understand why people left the books lying around the store. I mean it's not that difficult to put the book back in its place right? Delilah asked me to take some older copies back at the workstation for rebinding. It was at the very back so I gathered the stack of books and walked only to find a girl pressed at the rack by a tall guy in a blue tshirt and faded jeans. It was Rhonda. Way to be professional.

I cleared my throat loud enough to catch their attention. "Excuse me." They jumped apart, I would've laughed if I wasn't annoyed. The guy didn't even look fazed, looking me directly in the eye, maintaining eye contact. His blue eyes pierced mine in a determined gaze as if to unravel all my secrets. No shame, how nice. Rhonda, however was turning into a tomato looking anywhere but me.

Apparently, everyone but me, even Rhonda, had done this making out in a library thing. I worked in a bookstore for crying out loud! It was my number one fantasy.

I gave them a sharp look and walked past them but not too fast, making sure they left the aisle getting the message loud and clear.

Samantha - 1
Hormonal couple - 0.

I was so annoyed. It irked seeing them. I placed the book with a loud thud and sighed. I couldn't wait for the day to end. I counted the books and entered their names in the system.