Prologue.

Prologue

I came back from the hospital, disheveled and a complete mess. She still wasn't up. I don't know what to do. It has been a month now that she's in a coma. She's the most important part of my life and seeing her in that condition crushes me into pieces. My heart aches at the thought of her. I failed in protecting her. After everything being perfect this had to happen. I could kill the driver again who hit her. If only he was alive. My Sam alive with the support of freaking machines is all I have now.

I tried to keep the flickering flame of hope alive. I showered and made myself relax at the comforting hot water from the shower, letting my emotions out. Yes. I cried. A lot. After leaving no traces of it on my face I changed into boxers and a shirt. Pacing around the room I tried to calm myself, tears threatening to come out. I glanced at her things I stole from her place and the hospital. The charm bracelet I gave her, her watch, completely broken stopped at the time it happened, her diary which I still didn't dare to open, her wallet gifted by Ver and her poems which were as always incredibly great. I found the key to her 'chamber of secrets' in the same purse. A smile appeared on my face at the memory of that day, the day I named her drawer chamber of secrets. She never let anyone see what was inside it. And when I did see it a few days later after her accident I cried my heart out. All the poems, her drawings, things I gave her, she even saved wrappers of the chocolates I gave her, with the date and memory written on it with her beautiful handwriting. She even had my handkerchief I had no idea she ever had. All of it sprawled across my desk making me realize how real everything was and every time it did, my heart broke into million pieces at the thought she'll not be able to remember me when she wakes up. If she ever wakes up. She'll be a new person with no recollection who she was. The girl I love to death will not remember who I am or what I meant to her. Before I could stop, fresh tears wetted my face.

I wiped them all and sat on the bed with her diary. I opened it and on the very first page was a beautiful drawing of a girl reading. I opened the next and started reading. It started with the simple new year celebration with her parents Ver and friends. I go on reading until I reached the day I met her. The day she ran into us carefree, strolling on the streets with earphones on and music blasting in her ears. The day she caught my eye, The Best day of my life.