Part 3

I'll wait...! Part 3

"Dripti... Tu cleverly pata kar usse kya chahiye this will be her best birthday." Darshan said as drawing a outline of his yet to be submitted project.

"Aur....sushanth ...tu aur mein jake cake layenge." Akira's birthday was day after tomorrow and whole gang is planning a surprise birthday party. Darshan was really excited about this. Akira knew something was cooking because it's her birthday and definitely her friends would plan something she doesn't wanna spoil the game for them.

"Tu kya lekhe bait gaya?" Akira asked as she joined them. Everyone was pin drop silent for a second and then acting as if continuing there talk which was about some recent release.

"Sab tere tarh topper nai hote.... Mera assignment reh gaya wahi pura kar raha tha" Darshan said.

"Konsa assignment mein ne tera submit kar diya mere vale ke sath." She said giving him a wink.

"Kya..??sachii..?" He asked his eyes wide.
"Kya... Mera toh nahi kiya tune.." Sushanth said at the same time. Akira bit her tongue. Now what does she tell sushanth that she can't see Darshan in last minute tension.

Dripti was watching all this and just came in time to save her secret " arey sush.. Mein hoon na.. I will help" she said mock glaring at Akira. Akira mouthed her a thankyou.

"Thank you so much yaar ... You are the best." Darshan said giving her a hug.

God... These small gestures give us courage and hope to love him. She is thankful that she doesn't scare him like others.

***
One month back:

"So..." Dripti asked as she slid beside Akira.
"So..." Akira mimicked her. They both were sitting in physics class where the lecturer was in his own world.

"Darshan huh..?!" Dripti asked out of blue.
"Tujhe kaise pata chala ?" Akira asked completely shocked she never thought any one could know her secret.

"I can see all the love struck looks you send his way" she said calm composure while Akira was hyperventilating. What if she tells Darshan about it?! " You can't tell it to Darshan" she pleaded.

"Relax. I will not." She said. so from then Dripti was the only person who knows how hopelessly Akira had been in love with Darshan.

***

Dripti and sushanth were completing his assignment while discussing plans for Akira's birthday.

"Darshan bahut excited he..." Sushanth said.

"Ha... Mein ne bhi notice kiya aur kyu na ho usska best friend ka birthday hai." She said.

"Best friend? Don't you think unke beech awesome chemistry hai!" He said.

"Ha... Voh toh hai paar Darshan ko kon samjhaye" Dripti said in a flow and later realised her mistake.

"Oho... You mean Akira is completely fine with that..." He said laughing.

"Mein ne aise kab kaha" Dripti said trying to cover up.

"Aab jyada ban mat... Mein sab samaj tha hu.." Sushant said laughing.

"You can't tell Darshan... Please" Dripti said giving up.

"Will try" he said and left for his class.

***

Dripti had been searching for Akira for one hour. God she was scared to imagine what will Akira's reaction will be when she comes to know.

Akira was sitting in a empty classroom she was writing and rewriting Darshan's name every where in the last page of book decorating it with little hearts all over.

"Akira..."Dripti said as soon as she saw her. She saw Akira with that book in her hand. She was about tell her about slipping her tongue infront of sushanth.

But Darshan's voice boomed in the empty class"Akira...." He never used such voice... Not against her. She got startled and let go of the book. One look at his face and she knew something was wrong.

"Do you love me?" He asked her composing his calm voice.

"Darsh..." She started but her eyes followed his gaze he was staring at the book where she had spilled his name and little hearts all over.

"Darshan i can explain..." She said. But he left without a word giving her one of his harshest glare.

Her nightmare came true..... He left her the moment he came to know about her love.

To be continued.....

Do let me know your views...