part 5

I'll wait... part 5

Darshan was going to New York in 2 weeks. It was a complete shocker to whole gang. But what is more shocking was seeing Darshan ignoring Akira. The same Akira without whom he couldn't have survived his parents divorce, college and most importantly LIFE.
Akira had been his rock in his dark Times. She stood there beside him when others left him. He would forever be in her debt. He loved her... yes.. he Loved her... but he was sure he didn't deserve her. He believed she was just having a silly crush on him.

He was infact overwhelmed when sushant spilled Akira's well kept secret. But his happiness was short lived when he thought what that meant for him... for them... Darshan was afraid to give his heart away. All the relationships in his life were never stable. His parents divorce and his relationship with his girlfriend were both on rocks at same time. Though his parents lived in same house.. they never had a proper conversation without an argument.

His relationship with Naina also ended in bad terms. She told him that she lost interest in him and didn't feel the same attraction anymore. Darshan couldn't understand what probably went wrong... they were happy just yesterday and today she says she doesn't feel same way as she felt 4 years ago. Later after one month of a bad breakup he learnt that she got herself a new boyfriend. From then on he was careful not to wear his heart on sleeves.

But then came this beautiful girl into his life literally running. The first day Darshan met Akira... she was being chased by some dogs and in a hurry from running away from them she ran into darshan ...she was about to fall on her butt... but Darshan was fast in catching her arms and save her from the fall. He even helped Akira in chasing away those dogs. She was panting so hard when he took her completely observation. She was wearing a typical 3/4 sleeve kurti and a matching legging. Her hair were tied in a messy bun from which few hair strands were coming out. Her eyes lined with mascara and lips with a little shinning tinge. She had a  watch to her left hand and simple gold bracelet to the other. She looked so pretty. She drank completely filled waterbottle in one go.

"Thank you so much" she said with a smile. Darshan couldn't help but reciprocate the same smile. Akira feel for that dimpled smile. The same smile which did things to her every time.

Darshan stood near her street end it was Akira's birthday in 3 minutes. It has been his tradition wishing her first. But this year he would just let it pass.

***
Akira Sat on her window sledge crying a Kleenex box lying somewhere on the side. She  couldn't stop those tears. The thought of not seeing him was killing her. And at 12 her home started buzzing with messages and calls.... it's her birthday... but does she care ... She us waiting for one particular message to pop in... but it didn't. She cried herself to sleep for the past two days. She couldn't believe she is crying over a guy... but Darshan wasn't just a guy... he was her first love.

2 weeks and he is gone.. God knows when she would see him again...
He is not ready to open up. She wish ... She wish atleast he could know how much she loves him...

She didn't let anyone into her flat that day. She was just sitting on her couch staring into the space.

She had been constantly ignoring  her phone buzz and the irritating door bell.

"That is hell lot of noise" she was startled by the sudden voice.

She sniffed audibly "Mujhe lag.." and then she sneezed.

"Idiot.... crying all night. .. were you..?" He said in a calm voice.

"I... I..." She couldn't complete.

"I know.... but I am going  to Newyork at any cost." He said in a bit frim voice.

"Do you know ... you are an idiot?"

"Yeah.... I know." He chuckled.

"Darsh..."

"Akira.... you cannot waste your life on Me."

"Let me decide...." She snapped.

"Well... then..... I don't love you...." he shouted.

"That's the answer I know...."

"Then... stop this... stop traumatizing yourself"

"Get... Out.... I love you.... I bloody love you and please get out..."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Will be continued....

Before you my sweetheart comment that this is short.... let me tell you I had to write it thrice because it couldn't get saved and yes this is a short story check the genre. Well love you honey.... :*