Chapter 1: Highschool Orientation

I tapped my foot to the sound of all time low blasting through my head phones. Luckily, my sperrys didn't make much of a sound on the wood floor of the gymnasium. Could this day get any better? As I was doing this I could see all of the new faces of nervous freshmen. It was quite funny to be honest even if I was one of them a few years back. "Caroline!" A muffled voice called. I didn't hear it as much since I had music blaring in my ear and yet it was still audible. I turned around on the balls of my feet and Thomas, my best friend, comes into view. I take out my earbuds to hear what he has to say; even though they may sound like non-sense. "You need to see the new kid in our class! He is totally your type." Even though most guys are fairly fond of me and don't leave me alone, I wasn't interested. I was done with all this boy crap and ready to actually focus on my school work. "Thomas, please I don't want to mess with boys anymore and you know that." Thomas simply rolled his eyes and scoffed. "I know, but can't a guy try." I smiled at his silly attempts to change my mind and get me a man. It was sweet of him especially since I had to have a talk with him about how we are only friends and that is it. "No, and stop being my wing man-I don't usually need one." I reminded and again he scoffed. I know he was doing this because he loved me, however I wasn't having it. "Yeah, yeah, yeah don't remind me." Thomas crossed his arms, I giggled at his grumpiness. Soon enough Thomas walked off towards the crowd of juniors to hang. I was over there at one point, but I got so claustrophobic I had to excuse myself. That's what sucks about my anxiety; stupid events like these won't let me have my fun. I had gotten so nervous and jumpy standing along with the crowd I almost started crying. Why can't I just be normal and have normal problems like the color of my shoes? Why does it have to be this complicated and time consuming?
{~}
A/N
So, this is the first chapter! Tell me what you think it would really mean a lot to me!
Thx xoxo