Unexpected Reuinions

So, this is like my first fanfic, actually the first time that I've ever written something like this, so please be patient. I'm writing this 'cause I love this ship. Anyways, this takes place right after the movie, so it may contain spoilers. Hope u enjoy it! Also, sorry for any and all mistakes!
___________________________

Honestly, Tsunemori was devastated after her latest meeting with Kogami. Though she had only seen him for a couple of days, that had been more than enough time for her feelings for him to resurface. And it was not a good feeling. Even though it had been almost a year since she had last saw him, Kogami kept popping up in her thoughts, driving her to the point of distraction.  Though she tried to hide it, she knew that her enforcers could tell, and was grateful that they hadn't commented on it yet.

Why did life have to be so unfair? All she had wanted was to be with the people she loved and cared for, but slowly they all seemed to fade away. And now that she had lost Kogami for a second time, she wasn't sure how well she could deal with her feelings.

Akane lit a cigarette and sighed, knowing full well that the faster that she forgot her feelings the better. It wasn't as if dwelling on what she couldn't have would make her happier, so she reluctantly decided to push them aside and focused on the information that she was supposed to be going over.     

She didn't even realize that bshe had spaced out until Ginoza's voice brought her back to reality.

"Are you going to keep spacing out, or are you actually listen to what I have to say, Inspector?" he asked her.

Blushing, Akane sheepishly replied," Sorry, I'll listen to what you have to say."

"Chief Kasei wants to see all of us immediately," he told her, sending her a worried glance.

Alana sighed, then slowly stood up from her desk to join her Enforcers who were already waiting for her, along with Inspector Shimotski.  No one seemed to know why the Chief had wanted to see Division 1, but there was an uneasy feeling in the air as they neared the Chief's office.

When they finally got there, Akane hesitated before she entered the room.  She had no idea what the Cheif wanted with her, but she was sure that she wasn't going to like it. Taking a deep breath, she crossed the threshold into the room. And then blinked, trying to keep herself composed when she saw who was in it. Because right before her very eyes stood Shinya Kogami.

Utterly confused, she, along with everyone else in the room turned and stared at Chief Kasei, waiting for an explanation.  After a couple moments of shocked silence, Mika blurted out what was on everyone's mind.

"What is that traitorous dog doing here? Shouldn't he be executed?"

Kogami scoffed at that, and the chief proceeded to explain what he was doing there, though she totally left out how and why he hadn't been executed.  Apparently, Kogami was to rejoin Division 1 as an Enforcer and help them solve their current case.

After explaining everything to them, Chief Kasei dismissed them, leaving them to their own devices.