002 / jerome

- jealousy

002 | JEROME.

   Complicated yet fun; that would be one of the most accurate descriptions of Alyssa right now. We had a good, no, we had a great time at that stupid show yet she's ignoring me now.

"This is the most fun I've had in a while." Her words rang through my mind as I continued to watch her from my seat. Apparently, she said she'd explain her absence this week if I just gave her enough silence to let her look for her book.

   Supposedly, it was for some college class she was taking right now. She was one of those; thinking she could actually get somewhere in her life by staying in Gotham.

"Done yet?" I asked, letting out a dramatic sigh as I placed my face on my open palm. It's already been three minutes, how much time did she honestly need?

  She looked over her shoulder and shot me a look. "No."

   I groaned and leaned back in the chair, my arms crossed against my chest and my gaze falling on her once again. Truthfully, I was glad she hasn't told me to leave but I couldn't let her know that.

   Alyssa wasn't wearing my flannel, instead she chose some black hoodie - bummer. She looked so nice wearing it that night, it suited her so well.

   I looked over to the side when I saw a flash of movement and saw a man walking towards her. He licked his lips as he made his way over, and it took every ounce of self control in me to not punch him; instead I watched, since I was genuinely curious as to why he was going over to her.

   When he was finally standing next to her, I noticed he was taller than her but shorter than me - good.

I almost lost it when his arm made its way around her waist and when he leaned in to whisper something in her ear, it felt as if all my self control was disintegrating second by second.

Her body stiffened at his presence, a good and bad sign. Must be a bad fuck then. I took that as my cue and stood up, clearing my throat to catch both of their attentions; it worked.

"Who the hell are you?" The guy rudely asked when they both turned towards me, his arm still on her waist and her eyes begging for my help. I saw her try to pull away, but his fingers tightened around her hip.

"Me?" I asked, raising my eyebrows and placing a hand on my chest. "Well, I'm Jerome Valeska. Nice to meet you." I extended a hand out to him, as a sort of greeting even though that was far from what I wanted here.

Alyssa looked over at me, her facial features coated in confusion as she watched me. The man, on the other hand, was the complete opposite of her. He actually got angry at the fact that I was trying to be polite; guess some people have no manners.

"What the fuck?"

I sighed and took my hand back, furrowing my eyebrows in mock confusion. "Not a friendly guy, huh?" I shrugged and took a step closer to them, causing his thought act to falter a bit. "Honestly, I couldn't care less if you've been taught manners or not."

I noticed one of the library's security guards start walking towards us, so I hurried my words. "But your hand being on my girlfriend, now that I care about." I spat out my words, some fake anger and some real anger being mixed in together.

By the time our little issue was resolved, with him finally letting go and Alyssa walking over to me, the cop finally stopped in front of us. "Is there a problem here?" He reeked of coffee and cigarettes.

"Not at all." I answered before the man could make up some lie, turning to look at him. "Right?"

"Right." He groaned, walking away from the group and out the door. The cop shot Alyssa and I an uneasy look before nodding and walking off too.

The atmosphere was quiet again before Alyssa softly spoke up. "Thanks." She was turned away from me as she picked up some book from the shelf. "Found it."

I nodded, placing a hand on her shoulder. "You okay?" She nodded, letting out a small laugh and shaking her head at what just happened. "Don't worry about him, he won't bother you anymore."

"Thanks, boyfriend." Alyssa joked before telling me to wait while she checked out the book; I tried not to let my disappointment show at the sound of her joking at the idea of being together.

▪️▪️▪️

I hope you guys enjoyed Jerome's personification in this. :) ♥️