Chapter Five

-Niall's POV-

A small groan left my lips as my back fell onto the couch, my phone in my hold.

What the hell was I thinking? Getting a girl's number after a day of knowing her. Shit Niall! You said you didn't want a female companion and now she'll get the wrong idea.

Fuck. Better call off this whole thing so it doesn't escalate.

Niall: hey christine. uh so i know we had arranged a play date tomorrow but im going to pull the pin. I shouldnt have let you give me your number. sorry

Putting the phone above me, I sighed and stretched out. You're an official asshole Niall; but at least nothi can progress now.

Until I heard the phone buzz a reply.

Christine: what?

Was her one word reply.

Niall: i think i may have given you the wrong ideas about us. i have trust issues with women so it would be best if we kept apart. sorry

Why do I keep writing sorry? Maybe I'm just trying to let her down easy. Yeah, that's probably it.

Christine: look i know that what we did today could make you think that i was interested. but im not. I have a boyfriend already so sorry to burst that little bubble of yours. i only texted you because maddy keeps annoying me about william. >:(

Oh... well then. I felt like a complete idiot now. I didn't want to be that type of person that would just assume things and cause drama. Fuck. I'm not going to be like that. Not anymore.

Niall: oh sorry. well if you still want the play date then the offer still stands. just text me time and date. :(

Why, did you just send her a frowny face? Fuck! I know you feel like shit Niall but now she's knows as well. Great going idiot.

Christine: alright ill let that one slide. and how about my house whenever your free to come??

Niall: ok. im busy in the morning so text me the address and ill be around yours at 11?

Christine: sure ok.

Christine texted me the address before I heard s thump followed by William's cry. Oh Christ, now what's he done?

My feet led me to the kitchen where the crying was coming. William sat on the floor crying his heart out as one if my Jamie Oliver cook books sat beside him.

"William... you have to be more careful buddy." Putting the book on the bench, I pulled my son into my chest as I rubbed his back. His wailing made me frowned as I tried to quiet him. "How about you come with Daddy to watch some football ok?"

Carrying William into the lounge room, I sat down and leant back as he lay on my chest.

"Come on William." I muttered rubbing the back of his legs as his tears and saliva seeped into my shirt. Humming beside his ear was my last option as I grabbed the remote and turned the television on.

My phone buzzed beside me but I chose to ignore it.

"William..." I hummed as he slowly quieted and fixed his eyes on the football game. My phone kept then buzzing as I rolled my eyes and picked it up.

But to my surprise, it wasn't Christine.

2 messages and 1 Twitter notification.

I decided to check my messages first. It was from Liam.

LiamPayno: heyy :) the boys and i are going out tonight. you wanna come?

LiamPayno: text me back when you see this :))

So I put the lad out of his misery and texted him back.

Niall: sure :) just give a time and a place to meet

Then changing my tabs, my eyes widened when I saw who exactly the Twitter notification was from.

The bitch herself.

@BrilovesDi

I cant believe you. who would have thought that youd move on so quickly. youve hurt me yet again @niallhoran :'(

I rolled my eyes deciding to not reply to the tweet. Who would be stupidest enough to feed the media more crap just for some five second spotlight?

Brianna would.

Ugh... but, what the hell was she going on about? That struck my confusion.

So I went online and typed on my name for the usual newsfeed to pop up.

'Niall Horan seen out with his son and two girls? Is this Niall's new replacement to Brianna Dina?

Scrolling though the article, I read how apparently I was getting 'close' to Christine by eating lunch with her. To them it looked like I was infatuated but how about relaxed huh? Jesus, can I never get a break around here?

And then there was photos of me giving Christine my phone and her typing on it. Fuck. People are going to get the wrong idea.

William gurgled on my chest and looked up at me with droopy eyes. I smiled and ran a hand over his thin hair as he found himself drifting off to sleep.

"Daddy loves you," I whispered turning my phone off and cuddling with my son, "and only you William James Horan."