Chapter Thirty Six

-Christine's POV-

"-but dad!" Indie whined in the car park as she pouted angrily at me. Listening to her father over the phone, she sighed and rolled her eyes. "Fine! Fine I'll come home now! Bye."

Hanging up, her face fell as I forced a teary smile at her.

"It's ok."

"Well I can call Niall to come and get you. It's the least I should do for having to leave. My father's a prick sometimes." Nodding, I unlocked my phone and gave it to Indie as she typed before bringing it up to her ear. "Hey Niall it's Indie. We have a little situation on our hands..."

Leaning against Indie's car, she spoke and nodded over the phone before eventually swapping goodbyes.

"I just gave him the address, he's on his way now." Indie gave me my phone as she pulled me into a tight hug. "You'll be ok. Call me any time and don't hesitate." She stepped away as I nodded watching her get info her car.

Stepping back with a small wave, I watched her beep the car horn and pull out of the car park. With a deep shaky breath, I sat on the stairs outside and waited for Niall.

Looking through Instagram to distract myself, a few droplets hit my face as I blinked back. It slowly began to rain as I rolled my eyes and pulled my hoodie up over my head.

The cold rain around me relaxed me a bit as I hid my face and phone in my lap. I didn't mind this weather, and it's not like I could go inside; I'd just be yelled at by Brianna again.

So I sat here in the rain. It calmed me a bit. It might have begun to soak my clothes but at this point, I really didn't mind.

Time flew as I relaxed with my head buried into my arms a car pulled up loudly. Looking up, Niall's familiar range rover pulled up as his door swung open.

"Christine!" He yelled running over and leaning down to me. "What are you doing outside in the rain baby?" Niall took his jacket off and helped me under his side as he shielded us both from the rain.

It had become heavier as Niall opened my door and helped me inside. My body sat shivering as Niall jumped in and shut his door.

"Shit, you're freezing." He turned on all the heaters and directed what he could at me.

"Daddy."

"In a second buddy." Niall leant over and checked my body as I sniffled. "Fuck, don't scare me like that." He pulled my neck closer and put our foreheads together.

I kept silent and closed my eyes as he kissed my nose and pulled away.

"Let's get you home."

• • •

The rain has been pouring down for a little while now. I actually enjoyed it.

Sitting in the hot bath for me, I thought over everything that happened.

Brianna was William's mother so she has a right to see him. Well... only if the courts allowed it. But who knew she was such a bitch.

Damn Brianna.

Damn media attention.

Damn periods.

A knock cane softly onto door as I looked over at it. "Christine? Can I come in?" Niall asked.

"Y-yeah." I replied hearing the door creak open. Niall stepped in as I kept my knees pulled up to my chest with my arms around myself.

Coming over, he knelt beside me as I brought my gaze down at myself. I wish I was skinnier.

"What Brianna did or said was wrong." Niall came to to his knees and picked up a washcloth as he rubbed my closest arm.

"Y-you weren't there." I muttered as he leant over washing my other arm.

"I know what she's like. She talks rubbish to make everyone else feel less than her." He kissed my cheek as I put my forehead on my knees.

"She looks perfect though." Niall stopped and I felt his eyes burn into me.

"Christine," he put the washcloth down and took my hands in his, "I made a mistake for being drawn in by the beauty on the outside. But once you get to know her, you realise that she's not perfect. You are in my eyes." He gentle approach had my eyes brim with tears. "You're perfect to me Christine; and I don't want you comparing yourself with her. She's got nothing on you."

He turned my face and rests our foreheads together.

"Remember that time you came out in just a towel?" I cracked a smile at the memory. "And now here I am in here with you even more exposed. Call me a pervert if you please."

"Shut up," I quietly laughed, "you're not a pervert." Niall smiled over at me as I decided to make the first move and capture his lips with mine.

With an instant response, Niall let his lips slide against mine as my wet hand gripped the back of his hair.

My other covered my chest as Niall slowly and softly pulled away. He stuck his tongue out and looked at my lips as I followed. Leaning down, he twined our muscles and moaned slightly as our saliva swapped. It was a hot mess which he couldn't seem to get enough of.

"I can't wait for the day," he panted lightly as he pulled back, "that I get to make love to you. It'll be special and perfect." His words caused a shiver to run down my spine as I kissed his chin and let go of his hair.

"I think I'm ready to get out now."