Chapter 1 - Intro

You woke up on soft sand, or that's what you assumed. You listened to the waves crash onto the beach as you remembered what happened.

You were out sailing with some family and friends. The forecast told it was going to be clear skies with the high of 87. As always it was wrong, a storm hit you. Swaying the boat harshly to side to side. Knocking you off the boat and into the freezing ocean. Hearing your family call out to, as you disappeared into the ocean blue.

Crawling through the sand you searched for anything- anyone. After a short time, you found the roughness of tree bark. Using the tree to your advantage you pushed yourself up. Listening to the sound of the environment. Birds were singing, the wind was journeying through the trees, the waves along the shore. The sounds seemed to piece together in perfect unison. You swayed to the sound of it all. You could stay that way forever but, the snap of a tree branch broke your rhythm. Turning to the sound, you bumped into the producer causing everything to go black.

~.~

Waking up, I could hear the same sounds, only the sound of the ocean were more distant. I could feel my hand hands tied around to what I assumed- a tree. I struggled against the force keeping me to the tree, but soon stopped. When I felt the sense of someone watching me. Bringing my head to side, I listened for any sign of advantage. "Who sent you?" A low voice asked

Confused you kept quiet.

"Answer me" the voice rumpled into your ear. Sending chills down your spine.

"No o-one."

You felt the person back away, "How did you get here then?"

"I d-don't know."

Sudden shock went through you, as pain shot up your arm. "I'm done playing nice. Now tell me. Who sent you here?"

"I h-honestly don't know. One minute I'm on a boat sailing with my family and then nest I wash up here. Please don't hurt me" You answer, turning your head away from him.

"Look at me."

Slowly I move my head towards him, unsure where to look.

"I said, 'Look at me'" He growled, grabbing my arm tighter

"I can't. I'm b-blind."

A/N Bashful here, sorry about the switch in persons. (Like from 1st to 3rd, etc). This is my 1st x Reader. So bear with me, even if you're not blind, I have a purpose for it. You'll see later in the story.

Also this beginning isn't exactly mine. Someone wrote a simpler/better version of this(one part) on Quotev and didn't continue. It inspired me. I tried to find the author, but I couldn't :( To make it clear this one part/chapter isn't mine. I rewrote it, but it's someone else's- Who I can't find :\ :( But, the rest of the story is mine, :) which you'll read very soon. If you'd like to see the Quotev version you can go to the comments and click the link there.

Thank you for checking this out! And I hope you continue to read. :)