Chapter 19-Terror

----GLACĖ----

I awoke to the sudden sound of a loud crash somewhere across the house. As I stood, the whole house trembled and lightning shot across the sky. Before I could react, I felt a hand cover my mouth and I lurched up to see Jack, his hand over my mouth. His pointer finger was on his lips, telling me to stay absolutely silent. I nodded. His face twisted into fear as he grabbed me and leapt for the corner of my room. White hot pain echoed through my body as I landed hard on my hip. I bit my lip until it bled to suppress my scream. He was next to me and guided me across the shadowed floor into the corner. i turned and sat, my back to the wall. i looked in my peripheral vision to see a shadowy figure cloaked in darkness peering through the window.He somehow knew exactly what I would do, and covered my mouth again, suppressing my scream. I looked over to him, a single tear falling from my eyes.

----JACK----

Glacé looked over to me with an expression of complete fear. I looked back to the window to see the figure disappeared. I looked over to her and focused as hard as I could. I thought- "Please Glacé, if you can hear me, nod." I looked up to see her nodding frantically. I thought again-"We need to get out of here." She nodded no. She whispered, barely audibly.

"Jack, where are the others? They need to be kept safe."

"I know, I know. They've been evacuated to the North Pole. We're the only ones left here as of right now."

Another clap of lightning followed by a boom of thunder followed my words. She looked up to the ceiling, terrified that it might collapse on us. I grabbed her and pulled her up, she let out a suppressed moan and fell back to the floor.

"What's wrong?!" I asked nervously

"W-When you jumped into the corner with me, I landed on my hip. I can't walk.."

"Ok" I said "let me help you." I said, slinging her arm around my shoulders and guided her to the door. I turned my head slightly to see if there was anyone there. When I didn't hear anyone, I dashed down the hall into the transmission room. I heard footsteps coming closer and I started to panic. I rushed over to the closet in the room and I put Glacé inside and closed the door before she could refuse. I stood in the center of the room. Hearing the footsteps advance closer...

Closer...

Closer...

----GLACĖ----

I sat in the darkness of the closet and heard the footsteps advancing. I breathed deeply, forgetting that I hadn't been. I heard the door swing open and the tears came silently.

----JACK----

I saw the door swing open and I stood face to face with the one person I couldn't stand seeing. The one person who betrayed me and left me behind, when I needed him most. I glared at him and spat

"Why are you here?!"

"He smiled eerily. " You know why I am here. You knew this would happen."

I was growing impatient already "You could've fought this! It was YOUR choice to be this way!" I yelled.

I was done talking. I charged at him, but I was thrown to the side as he swung his hand that way. He was controlling me. I got back up and leapt at him. He swung his hand up, then down. As he did so, I smashed into the ceiling, the dropped to the floor. I held my hand out for my staff, and I saw it. Right before it got to me, he stepped on it, preventing it from coming to me. He picked it up and held it, examining it. He took it in two hands and cracked it against his knee, snapping it in two. I'd had it with him. I charged forward and bounced back, being prevented from going any further. I banged on the force field.

He laughed at this, at my situation. There was a faint sob coming from the closet. His head whipped towards the door, and he started to walk towards it.

"NO!" I screamed

"Ah, is there another person here, Jack?" He asked, spitting hate at my name. "This shall be fun, then." He said with a smile as he swung the door open.

----GLACĖ----

I was blinded as the door swung open. I was grabbed by the wrist and pulled out of the closet, wincing as my waist dragged across the floor. I was lifted up so that I was leaning against him. I saw Jack across the room. I began to limp over to where he was, but I felt a hand on my ankle as it was pulled out from under me, and I fell to the floor. I yelled in pain as I landed on my hip.

"NO! STOP IT! YOU'RE HURTING HER!" Jack yelled, as I felt more hot tears falling from my cheek.

"Ahh, so this is who you were trying to protect. Your little girlfriend!" He said, as I felt a sharp pain in my spine.

----JACK----

I saw Glacé fall to the floor, and he pulled a fractured, bloodied piece of my staff out of her back. She laid, limply on the floor.

" NO! STOP! YOU'LL KILL HER!" I yelled

I felt the blazing rage build up inside of me as I ran straight towards him. I ran straight through the force field, but as I neared him, he faded away, and I ran right into the wall. I saw spots as I fell to the floor.

"I-I'm..I'm S-sorry Glacé..." I said, looking to her as I fell out of consciousness.