Chapter 22

Munro

I've been in the same seat all night; sleeping, watching over Calli, and figuring some things out. Michael and Derric found Sierra unharmed and trapped in another room while they threw Ms.Leslie in the basement and told her staff that she was in there. Ms Leslie mistreated them too, so this was their revenge. She'll be let go whenever they feel she deserves it. Sierra said that Ms.Leslie locked her in that room once she realized Calli was gone. Nick came in a couple of times giving us good news about Calli's recovery and today we'll know if she good enough to leave. Nick also came in and told us everything about what was happening to those children. He said that Jimmie and Leslie both created this system. This is how Jimmie gets his new children now instead of him actually going out to take them. They have all types of staff working for them and they get paid 100 dollars an hour. There's the people who takes over the job of kidnapping the children and they also erase the parent's memory of who took their children, there's the owner that owns this hospital and keeps the secret of this place while Jimmie pays him 1000 a week, and finally there's the nurses that follow Leslie's instructions on how to take care of these children. They're suppose to sedate them through out the day and injected with medicine in their spine that temporarily paralyses their legs so when they wake up from their sedation then they can't run away. Many nurses care about the children enough to not sedate or paralyze them as much, but are too afraid to rat this place out because they are all aware of Jimmie and his power. Nick was actually a very cool and interesting guy, who is already planning to get these children to their parents as soon as possible. The staff is searching and contacting their families, even one family I asked them to search.

Derric came in with breakfast, sat next to everyone, and handed us some food. "Think she can eat pancakes?" He asked me. "All up to what Nick says" I responded. "Hopefully it won't be cold when she wakes up" Sierra said. Everyone felt the guilt of this happening to Calli, but I felt it worse. She was my girlfriend, I am suppose to love and protect her. I love her, but I haven't been protecting her. The fact that she's laying in this hospital bed made me want to punch a wall. I knew how I could protect her now, she wouldn't like it, but it has to happen. Calli's eyes began to open slowly and everyone stood up in happiness. "What happened?" She asked softly. I quickly walked to her and covered her mouth. "Shhhh, you can't speak yet, not until Nick says it's ok. You were in a bad fight, but you've been recovering well" I said. "Calli I brought you pancakes if you're hungry" Derric said. She nodded. Nick walked in and was happy to see Calli up. He immediately checked her throat. "Your throat looks well enough to speak. How are you feeling?" Nick asked. "I'm fine." She responded. "Any pain?" "My ribs, throat, and eye" "Thats normal considering the fact those are your injuries." He checked her heart and breathing. "Everything is normal" Nick went into his pocket and pulled out 2 pill bottles. "You are able to go home today once I sign the papers. These are pain pills, take no more than 4 pills a day within 12 hours. Take care of yourself, all of you." Nick said and unplugged Calli from the oxygen machine and signed her papers, then left. Calli got out of the bed and began getting ready to leave. "One second Cal, we have to talk to you about something." Michael said. She stopped what she was doing and sat back down. "What's wrong?" She said. "That's exactly what we're doing, taking you home" I said. "What! No! I'm not going home yet!" "Yes you are Calli" Sierra said. "You're not safe with us" Derric said. "We've caused you too much pain emotionally and physically" Michael said. "No! I need to make sure my family is safe! I need to make sure he's gone" Calli argued. "Do you trust me?" I asked. She didn't respond. "Do you trust me Calli?" I asked again. "Of course I do Munro!" "We will not put you in anymore danger. You're going home. I want you safe and you'll be more safe without us. You are the most important person to me and I can only protect you this way. I need you to trust that I will keep you and your family safe." I held her face softly in my hands as she cried. "I love you so much." I said and kissed her. "You were a sweet innocent girl who doesn't deserve this" Sierra said. "You guys don't deserve this either!" Calli yelled. "We'll fix it." Derric said. I helped her up and we all walked to the car. Before I left the hospital one of the nurses came to me and handed me a paper that had Calli's address on it and her parents names. I thanked the nurse and got into the car, then Derric began to drive to the address that was written on the slip of paper. All the way there Calli didn't say a word and stared out the window. I knew this was best for her.

When we arrived to her house I saw Calli's face light up. "You were serious" she said and I nodded. Everyone gave Calli a hug and said their goodbyes. "I'm not ready to go yet" she said. "You have to. I know it may be awkward some when you see them and that you got used to this lifestyle, but you need to live your old lifestyle again. Let's go" I said, grabbed her hand, and walked her to her door. "Are we over?" She asked. "Never. I'm just leaving for a bit, but when we kill Jimmie and make this all go away then I will come here and personally let you know he's gone." "How will we communicate?" "We won't, but just know that I love you and I will make sure that I come back to you. Don't forget me" "I could never" I smiled at her and then knocked on the door. We waited a few seconds before her dad opened the door and stood still. He looked at me and then at Calli. He gave Calli a very big hug. Her mom came out and joined the hug. I smiled once I saw how happy they were to see their daughter again and how happy Calli was to see her parents. When they were finished hugging Calli they came and hugged me. "Thank you so much for bringing her home to us" Her mom said. "It was very important to me that she was home safe" I said. Her mom smiled. "Would you like to come in and have some coffee or something to eat? Her dad asked. "I kind of have something to go take care of, but I will take that offer when I come back" I said. Calli walked to me and held my hands. "Munro please be careful." I knew that I couldn't promise anything, so I just kissed her one last time, as long and as much as I could before getting back into the car. "That's was such a sweet moment" Sierra said. "Yeah well now it's business. Let's go get Jimmie" I said and we left her house. I will succeed if it's the last thing I do.