Chapter 2: Say What

Ahhh 100 Reads!! Yay, so here it is since I still can't update Something Worth Remembering. And I am also posting this because I really want to post chapter 3 because it's my favorite. Enjoy! :)

***

"And that's the last of the box's." Lauren's dad said as he set down the last cardboard box on one of the two empty beds. All three of them stood there awkwardly for a minute. Neither of them didn't quite know how to begin. It was time for goodbyes. Lauren's dad had to go drop off the U-Haul at the LA store he arranged to drop it off at, and then he had to catch a cab to LAX for his flight home.

"Well this is goodbye, I guess." Lauren said, saddness just hitting her. This was really it. Her dad was leaving her and going home.

"Don't be sad." He took his daughter in for a tight hug. "I am so proud of you." He sniffed holding back tears. "Pretty soon you won't even want to come home." They pulled away and she nodded, fighting tears. He then went over and hugged Elyse. "Take care of each other."

"We will," Elyse said. He pulled away and smiled. He went over to the door and waved.

"I love you."

"Love you too dad." Lauren choked back tears and smiled. He nodded and then he was gone. Lauren was with her best friend in their dorm room, alone. All of their stuff was sitting in boxes waiting to be unpacked.

From the looks of it, their other roommate had already moved in. Her bed was neatly made and all of her things were put away even though there was no sign of her.

"Alright, well let's get started." Elyse spoke and Lauren was snapped out of her trance.

"Yes, let's." And so they set to work. They unpacked box after box and eventually everything was unpacked and in its place and all of the beds in the room were made. Lauren sat down on her bed and Elyse grabbed her laptop and did the same.

Neither were quite aware of how much time had passed. Elyse was sitting there on her bed typing on her laptop, and Lauren was flipping her way through the magazines she picked up in the hotel gift shop this morning.

Eventually Elyse put her laptop down and got up and crossed the room to the bathroom. Just as she shut the bathroom door, the front door opened and a girl walked in. Lauren shot her head up, she was gorgeous. She was fair skined with dark, long, wavy hair and dark eyes. She looked a little overwhelmed.

"There you are!" Lauren practically shouted. She was excited to meet new people.

"Here I am," the girl said, still a tad unsure of what to make of the situation. Lauren got up off of her bed, eager to meet her new roommate. They were the same height.

"I'm Lauren, and you must be.."

"Sammy." Lauren smiled. She liked that name, Sammy.

"Yes, Sammy. We got here last night, we figured you must have been moved in, but we didn't know where you were."

"Oh, I was staying with a friend for the night. I accidently fell asleep there." Lauren could already tell that she and Sammy were going to be great friends. She liked her already. She was also very proud of herself, being in LA and all and making new friends.

"Oh, cool. Anyway, I'm Lauren and that's Elyse." Lauren motioned to her best friend who was coming out of the bathroom. Elyse smiled.

"Hi," Elyse chirped sweetly. Elyse held out her hand and the other girl, Sammy, shook it. "I'm Elyse."

"I'm Sammy." Elyse smiled and then her and Lauren went back over to their beds and resumed what they were doing. Sammy set her things down and looked around at what they had done to the room. Lauren noticed the prolonged silence and hoped that she didn't mind the few One Direction posters that they had put up. "You guys seem like you know each other," Sammy finally said something.