Chapter 4: What Was That

Sammy looked over at Elyse as Niall embraced their roommate way longer than expected. His arms were wrapped around her and he only let go when he absolutely had too. Before mounting the ramp to the stage he turned back around and smiled at Lauren. It wasn't his full on smile, but a softer and weaker one. It showed his emotions, but it confused Sammy and Elyse who had no idea what was going on. All they knew is that something had to have happened in the dressing room.

And something did happen, Lauren knew that much, she just had no idea what happened exactly. She was smiling and happy and so was he and then he sang and there were all these feelings and it all happened so fast, it was hard to tell what it was.

"Um, Lauren, what was that?" Elyse and Sammy came and stood by Lauren, both at either side. She was still staring at the stage trying to process everything. "Lauren, hello? Answer me?" Lauren shook her head and was snapped out of her daze. She turned to face Elyse.

"I'm sorry, what was that?"

"No, that's what I want to know. What was that?"

"What was what?"

"That, you and Niall!"

"Yeah," Sammy interjected. "That was more than a friendly hug. What happened in the dressing room?" Lauren shrugged.

"I have no idea." She didn't look at either of her roommates, she just continued to stare at the spot where Niall was standing minutes ago. Her roommates shrugged and walked over to the side stage to see the boys in action, leaving her there standing and staring.

***

"Thank you LA and thank you to the United States of America for the best leg of the Take Me Home tour! Right, boys?" Harry looked at Louis, Liam, Niall, and Zayn. They all had their arms on each others shoulders, they nodded.

"Thank you for everything." Louis added into his microphone.

"It has been incredible, we love you guys. All of you. We could not have done this without you." Liam spoke into his microphone.

"You mean the world to us all and we hope to be back soon." Zayn spoke, meaning now it was Niall's turn, since they were going down the line.

"It's been truly incredible," he said and then glanced over at the side stage where he could make out Lauren, Elyse, and Sammy. They were all grinning, but Lauren's eyes were locked with his. "Truly magical. I hope to see you all again sometime. I mean it. I love you." The crowd was deafening and Harry concluded.

"Thank you and good night!" Niall looked back towards the crowd and all boys joined hands and put the up in the air and then down, taking a bow. The crowd was going crazy. And as they came up, like that, the tour was over.

They waved and smiled and ran off the stage, handing their microphones off to the crew members who were relieved that it was over.

"And now for the after party!" Louis sang as they went back over to where the girls were. Everyone laughed and smiled.

"After party?" Sammy questioned.

"Don't worry, it's nothing huge." Harry snaked an arm around her waist and smiled.

"Like I am going to believe that."

"I promise, it's just at an arcade that we rented." Harry said with a smile.

"Arcade?" Lauren questioned, thinking that Harry was probably lying.

"What? You don't like arcade's?!" Louis asked, faking a shocked expression.

"No, it's just, it seems like an odd place to have an after party." Liam shrugged.

"Management booked it and they get the final word. But let's not waste any more time. Come on lads let's get changed and then we can head out!" Liam was most definitely the unspoken leader of the group.