Birthday Surprises (josh x reader)

You were packing everything you needed, Josh had texted you last night to pack a backpack with everything you would need this weekend for your birthday weekend. You told him countless times that you didn't want anything big, or too extravagant, but it seemed that no matter how many times you told him, he said it wasn't going to be big.

Josh wasn't listening for one main reason...he loved you. He wanted to celebrate your birthday, since it would be the first time that he would celebrate it as your boyfriend instead of your best friend, the locket around your neck was proof of when he asked you to be his. He already outdid himself as your best friend on your birthday; you could only imagine what Josh would plan as your boyfriend.

As you finished packing you noticed that the clothes were all so random, some were for cold weather, some for warmer weather, nothing matching at all, this must be Josh's way of making sure that you wouldn't find out where you were going.

You heard your phone vibrate, quickly reaching for it, a smile already on your face since you were pretty sure who it was...Josh. Josh texted you that he was here to pick you up. You quickly grabbed your bag and headed to the entrance. There you noticed your parents greeting Josh, so accepting of him, similar to the way his family treated you like a part of their family.

You noted the progress Josh has made; he really overcame everything life had thrown at him. The Josh you knew suffered with depression, he was quiet, reserved, but that was so different than the one that stood before you right now. This Josh was smiling, talking to your parents and even laughing, sure he did have his days that his depression seemed to get better of him, but like always you were there to help in any way you could.

You would tell him that his progress was amazing, and Josh would say it that he was better because of you. You would try to convince Josh that you had nothing to do with it, that he got better on his own, but Josh would say that you helped and there was no point in arguing.

"Hi Josh," you said finally grabbing his attention.

Josh's green eyes turned to look at you, and if there was one thing that you loved about him was every time he looked at you, it was like he fell in love with you all over again. His green eyes softened as a warm smile formed on his face, one that you call your smile. His smile made your heart race, the way that he could make you feel so beautiful and loved with just one simple look was amazing.

"happy pre birthday surprise," he said walking up to you, and handing you a small bouquet of your favorite flowers, as he kissed you on your cheek, making sure to be respectful in front of your parents.

His lips lingered on your cheek as his fingertips gently brushed against yours before they intertwined. Josh always had to feel your skin pressed against his, wanting to feel you, anchoring himself to you. You felt bashful and shy, something that made Josh smile.

"So Josh I trust that you will keep my child safe?" your parents, even though they knew that Josh would never let anything happen to you.

"Of course, I would never let anything happen to (Y/N)," he said placing his arm around you, making you lean into him shyly.

Your parents wished you the best and to be safe as Josh reached for your bag, not wanting you to carry it as he led you outside to his 1966 Ford pickup truck (A/N: I HAVE A HEADCANNON THAT THIS IS HIS CAR, in either that color or red, but instead of it being two seats it like THIS, ONE LONG SEAT , I also have a head canon that he owns a jeep too, when they all hang out). His hand laced with yours the moment he drove off, tapping his thumb against your hand to the match the beat of the music. It was calming being driving with Josh, sure you liked road trips with your friends, but it was a different thing entirely when it was just you and Josh in the car.