You're Enough (Matt x Reader)

(A/N: Josh's prank and the wendigos did not happen in this fanfic, in fact they just went to the cabin to all catch up, nothing bad, just friends having fun and Beth and Hannah are alive and yea, nothing bad at all happened.)

You were glad that you were finally going back to the Blackwood Pines, but you didn't think that it be freezing cold, but the moment you neared the Blackwood Pines and noticed the ground covered with snow, you regretted not wearing more layers. You reached for your backpack searching for another layer to keep yourself warm and toasty.

You turned up the music on your phone, hoping it would distract you from the cold. Your ears were filled the beautiful strumming and chords of Ed Sheeran's 'Kiss Me', making you a blushing mess. As his voice started to fill your ears, your mind was forming an image of a person that made your heart race...Matt.

You could imagine his bright smile contrasting against his chocolate colored skin. The hours spent practicing his football skills to join the varsity team as a freshman. While he spent time practicing you would watch him from the bleachers cheering him on as you studied, did your homework, or read a book. You would occasionally get dragged on the field by Matt to help him practice, but it would always end up you trying to tackle him but instead he would just bring you into a hug as he twirled around. You remembered spending school nights at his house tutoring him on subjects that he wasn't good at, since he wasn't the brightest student, and needed help frequently, especially since he wanted his grades to be good enough to keep him on the field.

But as time passed you grew to love your best friend Matt. He was just a ball of sunshine that would do anything to make people laugh, sure he could be a pushover at times, but when someone really needed help he would find the courage to do the impossible. You thought that maybe he would grow feelings for you as well, but that wasn't the case when Emily set her sights on your best friend.

She had broken up with Mike and before you knew it she started talking more with Matt and before you knew it, they were together. But what hurt most was that you saw it coming, she was beautiful, had a perfect GPA, popularity, outgoing, the list goes on...at least in your head, why would Matt be interested in you when Emily was clearly the better choice...at least that what you told yourself.

Soon the dynamic duo of Matt and (Y/N), the jock and the quiet one weren't a duo anymore. Sure you two still considered yourselves friend, but not like before, those days of you watching him practice plays, were over as they were replaced with shopping sprees that Emily would make Matt go through, study nights were replaced with Emily helping Matt instead. Friday nights watching his games was replaced by you hanging out instead with Chris and his best friend Josh.

But despite all the changes that had been made, your feelings for him haven't one bit, they were still there, strong as ever, especially in the small moments you would spend with Matt. Like the time you ran into him when you were going to pick up the newest volume of your favorite comic. You spent the whole day with you, him constantly laughing with you, actually buying you both lunch, and eventually walking you home. At your doorstep, right before you were going to head inside, you turned to face Matt, his face close to yours, you noticed that his eyes shifted from your eyes onto your lips. You thought that he was going kiss you, but instead looked away; he was too much of a nice guy to cheat on Emily.

There had been other moments, when you could see that there were some hidden feelings between you and Matt but brushed it off as him just missing you two being as close as you once were. You texted Chris if it was possible for him to meet you at the cable car, since you were really late, everyone was most likely at the lodge, but you were two hours late than the time Josh had set. You mentally cursed yourself for missing the first bus knowing full well that the next bus wouldn't come till an hour later. But of course with your luck, that one hour bus wait became longer as they had to stop mid trip to adjust the bus tires to be able to cross iced and snowed roads, lagging your arrival by almost another hour, with the stop to fix the tires and go slower for safety.