Prologue

PROLOGUE

Skylar's P.O.V

Everyone was happy in my family up until a famine struck the village. Everything became really expensive and harder to get. Crops stopped growing in my fathers farm, our animals were slowly dying and the only place to get enough food was to go into the cities where the high class families lived. When going into the city you had to be prepared for their arrogant characters that tend to make you want to hurt your eyes and ears. I had gotten used to their gaze and disgust filled tears.

I worked really hard to get enough for my younger siblings but I knew it wasn't enough. The rich were fugal with their wealth, those who work under them were made to feel worst than a wild beast living in a cage.

On a faithful day as I returned home without enough food, I noticed a luxurious car parked in front of our little home, strange. Rushing in, I saw a man neatly dressed and my younger siblings clutching my mom as her eyes were red with unshed tears. Where this rich bastards here to torment us, with that thought I rushed forward.

"What is going on here?" I asked, interrupting the intense argument between my dad and the man. The man looked at me then smirked. He eyed me from my head to my toe with a dark glint within his eyes.

"I would give you 40,000 gold coins for the boy" the man said to my father ignoring my question as he brought out large bag of coins and handed it over to my father, giving no chance for argument. My dad looked at me with pleading gaze as he hesitated to collect the money, he then turned to look at my crying mother and siblings before he spoke.

"Bu..." My dad started to object but I cut him off. I knew this money would make their lives better even if it meant me not being around then it's worth it, at least my mind would be at rest knowing my family can get a better life with that money.

"Don't worry father, I will go with him so that you can use the money to take care of the younger ones" I said. My mom collapsed as her cry of grief reached the deepest part of my heart, slowly I walked towards my crying mom and siblings giving them a final hug. We might never meet again after this, I might be killed or any other thing rich bastards likes to do with their slaves.

My mother tried smiling as I smiled back. I knew what I was sacrificing but, I wanted my Family to survive and I would gladly sacrifice myself for them anytime. The rich man didn't even let me get my little clothes and belongings before using a stick to push me towards a pick up truck at the back of his expensive red jeep.
"Enter the back and don't try anything stupid or else your family will have you to blame for their misery" he pushed me roughly and I ignored him while climbing into the back of the truck. I waved as the truck started moving behind the red jeep, my siblings ran after the truck with tears rushing Down their face but their little feet couldn't catch up. My parents stood watching the car leave sadly. I sighed sadly as the fear I held within raised its ugly head in my heart, I didn't know what they wanted me for but I prayed it wasn't a pimp or a terrorist who I sold myself to.

This was how I, Sky, was sold to a royal home as a slave and my journey began.