Part 12

EDITED..

PART 12: The heart of a slave.

Sky's POV:

BANG!!!

With that sound I thought it would be the death of me but it wasn't, I trembled as I opened my eyes, I hadn't noticed I closed them. He was breathing hard as his eyes watered and he let his hand relax before he looked back at my trembling self.

"Take this gun Skylar and shoot me in my heart since that is what you have been doing lately" he said handing the gun into my hand, I threw it on the floor as I looked up at him.

"Please Prince Ronaldo I can't do it" I said as I touched his face with trembling fingers, he leaned in a little but snapped out of it as he shook his head and growled.

"Why can't I hate you? All I can do is drink to numb my pain in here Sky" he pointed to the left part of his chest before he laughed. "I know you won't care" he said.

I couldn't understand why he would think I don't care about him, I love him so much, so much. Should I tell him about my pregnancy?

"Prince, please listen to me I-" I was cut off by him.

"Leave here Sky, I don't want to ever see you again. I want to hate you so much but sadly I can't hate you" I stood still as he started his jeep and drove off. I couldn't stop the tears of pain that rolled down my cheeks. I love him so much, I had to go back to the palace because I got a bad feeling something was going to happen to someone. 

I looked around for any sign of a car but no one was there, I started walking barefoot under the scorching sun of that afternoon. It was making me feel light headed but I needed a place to rest, after looking I still couldn't find anywhere I could lay my head. It was getting harder and harder every minute to lift my legs and I found it hard to catch my breath, so I gave up and sat on the road, everything was spinning in my eyes before I passed out on the road. I wish someone would find me soon.

TIME SKIP (A MONTH LATER):

I stood in the market place as people purchased their goods, I stood beside mammy, that was what she said I could call her. The market was for the women of a village close by, mammy dressed me as a girl since my baby bump was showing a little. My hair was longer and braided by mammy's daughter who said I could pass as a young girl to all the men. Mammy sells authentic gold jewelries and some ladies wear, during this past month two men have asked to marry me but mammy always said I was married, my husband travelled and would come pick me up soon. Most times I laughed when they kept on trying to persuade her into letting me get married to them, mammy is a very generous woman who cares for everyone who needs it and for that I am grateful.

"Sky dearest, there is a customer coming from the palace today to buy some jewelries for an engagement party coming up in Oaks" mammy said causing me to stiffen. No, I pray it's the queen or maybe Lady Mariah. 

"Really mama?" her daughter shouted jumping up happily as mammy shook her head and laughed. 

"You know I recently heard that they can't find the queen for the past two weeks now" she whispered and I was speechless, I needed to go back to help find the queen but I didn't know how to get there. I was lost in thought that I didn't notice the customer had arrived.

"Sky-KY" fingers were being snapped in front of me as I nodded looking at mammy who looked worried but I offered her a smile then came face to face with lady Mariah who had not noticed me which I was thankful for.

"Excuse me mammy, I need to do something" I said before rushing to stand at the gate leading to the where I saw the palace car was parked. Soon Lady Mariah walked towards the gate as I held onto her gown. She stopped to look at me, then her eyes widened.

"I thought you were dead" she said looking at me shocked, I shook my head and told her that I was saved by some lovely gentleman who left me in the care of mammy the woman she bought the jewelries from.

"Please take me with you to the palace as a slave you just bought" I offered as she shook her head.

"I cannot do that, how can I even trust you after what happened a month ago" she said as I nodded but tried to persuade her.

"Please lady Mariah, I promise I would leave after I find the queen" I said, she thought a little before nodding and told me to get my things and follow her still disguised as a girl till I find the queen and go. I told mammy good bye that I would return soon.

"I hope I don't regret this" Lady Mariah said as I used my hair to cover my face and we were off, back to the palace.

As we got to the palace the driver helped me with my bag and Lady Mariah was about to let me go before we were stopped by the king who asked her who I was.

"Well sire this-this is Melina from-from my home who would be my personal slave and she is dumb" the king looked at me and I bowed a little so my hair fell on my face, he nodded before he left the palace with the driver. She nodded at me and I rushed away to the quarters to hide for later when no one is around inside the palace.

It was late in the afternoon when I started my search for the queen, I started from the chambers people occupied to the chambers no one occupied. I soon heard whispers  from the last chamber which was the highest part of the palace, I rushed to the opposite room so when they come out I wouldn't be seen. I listened to see if I could hear them.

"We have to transfer her from here Seth, or else we would be in deep trouble if she's found" The voice belonged to Lady Julia as I assumed she was talking to Prince Seth. 

"When we return" he said as another voice grunted.

"I wonder why she is still alive after you gave her this poison Prince" The other voice belonged to Milan.

"Don't worry, I would get a stronger one but for now let's go before father starts suspecting and you know he doesn't trust me since what I did in the past" Prince Seth said, I felt the urge to vomit at the thought of a child poisoning his mother. Soon they were gone as I heard the car down at the front of the palace leave.

I rushed into the room to see the queen tied down and wrapped with sack, her eyes were closed. I rushed to her side and loosened her from where she was tied, her eyes opened as she saw me then smiled happily. She tried to talk but I stopped her and helped her up and I arranged everything to look like I wasn't there.

I let the queen relax on me as I helped her down the empty hall way, using the back door to take her to my quarters, I opened the door and let her in but checked to see if anyone had seen me but no one was around.

"Madam please stay here and do not make a sound till I return from calling prince Ronaldo" I whispered helping her to lay down as she nodded. Using what was left of my blanket to cover her up, I rushed out locking the door.

After running for some minutes I reached where I suspected he would have gone, which was his sister's grave to play his flute. I rushed towards him tapping his shoulder and looking around to see if anyone was there but it was him alone that stood by the grave. Once he saw me, he growled as he was about to shout at me but I didn't let him.

"PLEASE prince listen to me, I have found your mother and her life is in grave danger. Please believe me" I said calmly.

"Why should I?"

"I swear on my unborn baby that I found her" I said before I could stop myself, he stood still as he stared at me in shock then at my baby bump which was now noticeable because the side of my cloth had risen up due to my running.

VOTE and COMMENT