Part 3

EDITED...

PART 3: The heart of a slave.

Sky's POV:

It has been ten days since the prince returned, and let me just say it was getting annoying, especially when lady Julia complains about everything. Prince Seth's kids on the other hand, are just so loveable. Joan and José were running around in the garden, they were twins, eleven years of age and so adorable.

"Hey Joan, don't get your gown dirty. Jose stop it now" I shouted as they both pouted and stopped. They were kept under my care as their mom went to visit her parents, they walked towards me as I smiled before kneeling before them. I brushed my fingers through Jose's rough blond curls which he got from his father.

"Come have lunch, but first you have to wash your hands" I stated as they nodded and followed me into the kitchen. Apollo smiled at me as he spoke to the children "What do you little ones want for lunch?"

"Dumplings!" Jose shouted gleefully. 

"Fish balls!" Joan shouted as Jose agreed with her. Apollo nodded as he told them to wait at the dining table. 

"Don't run or else no fried fish balls" I shouted as they pouted and walked slowly towards the dining table.

"How are you so good with kids Sky?" Apollo asked as I chuckled then went ahead to tell him about my three younger siblings.

Time passed as the kids ate happily, I really do miss home even if we didn't have enough we were still a family who loved each other. Prince Ronaldo entered the dining room with Lady Julia hanging from his arms, he seemed not to mind one bit as she was always glued to his side. He dragged out a seat for her as she smiled, then he took the space beside her. What a gentle man I thought, before a voice broke my thought.

"What is for lunch?" prince Ronaldo asked as Apollo answered with a smile that the others would bring their food before he dragged me away. Soon enough all of the royal family were seated and eating lunch except for Lady Mariah who was going to return later in the day. 

The head of slaves pushed me forward with a wine bottle at hand to serve prince Ronaldo and the she beast that was beside him. As I poured a little into his wine glass, he smiled brightly at me and whispered a small thank you. I shivered a little and as I was about to pour a little into Lady Julia's wine cup, I slipped and the wine poured on me. I knew the she beast did it but I could do nothing about it, the head of slaves rushed forward and pushed me away from where I stood shaking with embarrassment. 

"Sorry sire, I will take care of him" she said as Mimi took over. Lady Julia had an evil smirk which she used her glass of wine to cover. Milan told me she would deal with me later but now my punishment was to clear everything used for lunch alone and wash the dishes alone for both lunch and dinner. Hmmm I cant wait, take note of my sarcasm. 

Later:

After dinner everyone cleared from the dining room. Slowly, I cleared the dirty dishes and headed to the now deserted kitchen, humming the usual tune I learnt from Mother for when I was sad to make me feel better. Soon enough I began to sing lowly.

Everything I do is to please you

Seeing you is not enough 

I always wonder what kind of love this is

I get jealous when I see you happy with them

I am like a tide

I am like a bird who let your love guide me

La la la la la.

I moved my hips from side to side as the music played in my mind. As I turned to drop the last cup I dried, I saw prince Ronaldo leaning on the closed door. Confused, I looked down at my feet clutching the cup that had almost fallen from my hands in fright.

"Don't stop on my account, please keep singing" his smooth voice said, causing my heart to skip a beat. I shook my head slowly before bowing and heading to where I was to put the cups.

"Sorry my prince, I..I.." I stammered but he chuckled and waved me off as he spoke moving away from the door.

"You have done nothing wrong. Sorry about lady Julia, I saw what she did to you. So what is the name?" he asked gently. 

"Sky, your highness" I said, still looking down at my feet.

"Well Sky, you have got a really nice voice. So where are you fr-" he was cut short when the door opened to reveal the Queen. I bowed before rushing out the door and down to the kids room to put them to sleep. 

Vote and comment