Chapter Five

Shimmerkit looks at Skystar,"Why is dreaming about Starclan bad?"

Skystar shrugged" Maybe it wasn't a dream sent by Starclan, maybe she just has a wild imagination."

Wintersnow nodded with disbelief   in her eyes but quickly hid it. Shimmerkit sighed and looked at Skystar," Can we just get to the punishment so it can be done and over with?"

Skystar nodded," You will be doing light apprenticeship duties for a moon. For saving us in a fight and breaking your leg to save us from a fight, we will honor you with some help from the apprentices, and you don't have to continue to watch her Wintersnow. Please also say this to Bloodscar , i'm sure she would love the news."

Shimmerkit growled but nodded head. She couldn't argue with the leader. If she did she might actually make her do more.

Wintersnow whispered in her ear," You better start now so you can get lots done today."

She noded sadly and limped slowly out the leaders den ,tail and head down muttering,"I just wanted to help the clan."

   She headed around the camp looking below then slowly stummbled down the gravel that sloped downwards in towards camp.The cliff sheltering camp because if anyone came in ,they would fall over the cliff into camp and get a broken bone. Shimmerkit looked at her leg and sighed pricking her ears as she heard the elders talking and she limped towards there den brushing past the bramble screen. Cliffgraze looked up along with Waterpond and her sightless gaze.

  Waterpond looked at Shimmerkit but asked Cliffgraze," Who may this be?"

"That's Shimmerkit." He starts to ask her questions."What are you doing here?"

She muttered slow and quietly," Changing your moss bedding, "

Waterpond snapped," You don't even have moss for us."

" How did you know I don't.."

" I'm not stupid, I know how to see even if I can't."

Cliffgraze rolled his eyes," Don't be so harsh. She is just a kit."

Shimmerkit left them alone, arguing, while she went to get moss, but didn't know where to get any. I'll ask the apprentices!They must know! She headed to the Apprentice's Den and saw only one apprentice inside. He looked starry and had a white pelt with beady brown eyes. No-cat else had been in the den except for him. He flicks his tail forward signalling she should come near and she does what is asked and she whispers," What are you doing here Bonepaw?"

" I'm going to help you with your duties." He nodded slowly looking at the den entrance in case anyone had came in." I'll show you." He started to pad slowly towards the Medince Cats Den. Shimmerkit followed limping behind him. They entered together but he stopped at the entrance. Shimmerkit looked confused but he pointed to a ball of moss in the corner of the den and she looked at Littleshine. She nodded and Shimmerkit took a wad of moss and put it in her mouth and limped towards him. He nodded and and padded to the fresh kill pile and he pointed to some feathers. She looked confused put picked them up anyway. They headed to the elders den and they started to stir.

He meowed quietly," Ask them to wake up so you can exchange their bedding."

Shimmerkit flicked her tail in agreement unable to speak and she pawed Cliffgrazes nose. He lifted his chin and he noded muttering," Waterpond, get up!"

She opened her eyes slightly and first looked at Cliffgraze then at Shimmerkit and she got up stretching. He showed her how to do it by moving her paws while the Elders talked with their backs to Shimmerkit. She nodded finishing Waterpond's nest .Bonepaw mewoed quietly," Now you try it on his nest." Shimmerkit threw the moss outside and grabbed a peice from the ball of moss and started putting feathers on it to make it more comfortable. Waterpond started to kneed her nest to her comfort as Shimmerkit finished. Cliffgraze nodded his thanks and started to wash his matted fur. She took the other peices of moss and limped out and asked Bonepaw quietly," What do I do wih this?"

"Well, I always threw it out but you could give it to the Medince cat to see what she does." He whispers in her ear.

" I think i'll put it on a tree, I always did that when someone gave me bad moss,"She whispered back.

He whispered back," Yeah that could work, I guess."

Shimmerkit headed towards the gravel slope and started to climb it slowly with Nightstar sitting near the cliff of the camp. Bonepaw had been in front of her showing her the way up as he saw Nightstar too but didn't talk. Shimmerkit reached the top her leg acing as she threw the moss near a tree and sat down. Nightstar looked at Shimmerkit and padded over. Her tone was low and quiet but she asked," Ready for some fighting moves? I could teach you some things."

Shimmerkit stood up happy she was getting help," Yeah!"

They headed down together and Nightstar mewoed quietly as the entered the side of the clearing. It was mostly deserted," No claws. Theash them." Shimmerkit hadn't even noticed that her claws were untheashed from the excitment and theashed the quickly. She looked at Nightstar and nodded signaling she was ready.

"First, I think you should be able to slash at somecat's weak spot. For example," She turned to her." If I hit you here?" She touched her paw lightly to Shimmerkit's hind broken leg . It stung but not much anymore. " You would probably feel hurt very badly and probably fall to the ground in pain giving me the chance to pounce and pin you down. Correct?"

Shimmerkit flicks her agreeing hoping she doesn't hit her leg but her paw moved slowly away.

" Pretend my weakness is, my jaw is broken. What would you do?" She looks at her with her eyes getting ready. Shimmerkit hits her jaw while she stops what she is doing and growls faking and Shimmerkit pounces on her.

" What are you doing pouncing on a moss ball?" Fireear comments laughing slightly.

She looked a the moss ball beneath her paws and saw Nightstar had vanished to the top of the slope again. Nodding with aproval before diappearing to no where again. "I'm just practicing some fighting moves."

Littleshine steps out," With your leg? Uggh , just be careful with it please." She disappears back into the Medince Den again.

Fireear smiles," It's like she got healed instantly."

Skystar steps out and yawns as she saw it was only past sunhigh and Skystar looks at Shimmerkit," I thought you were supossed to be cleaning the Elder's bedding."

"I did."

" Already, it's just past sunhigh." Fireear says.

" She did an exelent job Skystar." Waterpond said behind Fireear.

Skystar narrowed her eyes suspicously but hid it  in her voice well," Good job Shimmerkit."

Shimmerkit smiled proudly.