.03

"Seven, you ready?" I wanted to yell back no, and I won't be anytime soon but I couldn't. I made a promise to go on this date with her, and even though I wanted nothing to do with this, I'm going to try and be on my best behavior.

"Yeah, I'm ready Lay, how do I ?" As I walked downstairs she eyed me, like a designer checking her model for any mistakes or wardrobe malfunctions before she got on the runway.

"Absolutely gorgeous. Eek, I'm so excited!" She clasped her hands together and jumped up and down. I'm glad she was happy, maybe some of that can rub off on me. It was no secret to her that I really wasn't too enthused.

"Seven, I just want you to know how much I appreciate you right now. I already told Jace to be on his best behavior and to respect you, so I'm positive tonight's going to be great. Even if you don't hit it off with Jordan, at least you'll have a good time and eat good food on someone else's dime."

"You don't have to thank me Layela, you're my best friend...plus I don't pass up on free food when the opportunity comes." All the Italian food and dessert I could eat? I'd go on a date with Ms. Ada if that's what it meant.

Grabbing our bags, we locked the door behind us and and traveled onto the sidewalk. We stood at the steps for about five minutes before a sleek black limo pulled up right in front of us and parked. The shiny paint job reflected us and where we stood.

"Wow, is this our ride?"

"No...I don't know? Let's see what this guy says." A tall, slim white dude with a chauffeur cap stepped out of the extra-long vehicle, walked around and opened the backseat doors, revealing the first man of the hour.

"Hey baby, why are you still standing there?" I don't know, maybe we weren't expecting you to pull up so extravagantly. A limo? Seriously? sat comfortably in his seat, dappered down and dressed in an all black suit. His heavy Acqua Di Gio cologne hit me, damn near knocking me out of my heels.

"We were just a little surprised that's all, but pleasantly either way..." Yeah right Lay, you know this is too much for just dinner.

"Well get in, I don't want to be late for the reservations."

"Hi Jace, I am standing here."

"Oh, hey Seven I didn't see you there. Y'all ready to go?"

"Sure, c'mon Sev." Sighing, I took her hand and climbed into the vehicle.

"Hello ladies." A voice that was a lot deeper than Jordan's spoke. I hadn't even noticed someone else was in the car with him, they were so quiet. He looked almost exactly like Jace, so I'm assuming him to be his brother.

"Wow, you two look beautiful."

"Layela you already met my brother, so Seven this is Jordan, and Jordan this is Seven, Layela's best friend." I smiled in his direction, trying to look as sweet as possible. He seemed like a nice guy, but he looked way too much like Jace for my liking. He didn't give off the same Jace 'feel', but then again, I didn't know he was such an ass when I first met him either.

"Hi Jordan, it's nice to meet you."

"The pleasure is all mine, Seven." Lightly grabbing my hand, he planted a soft kiss on my knuckles. I could feel all eyes on that moment.

-|-

"Waiter! Waiter, can we please get some service got dammit, what are any of you good for?!" Funny how having to wait a few minutes for someone to take your order can change a person. Jordan, even after Layela and I both asked him to calm down, hollered over my head at the busy staff scrambling around the upscale restaurant. I understood his frustration, but we hand't been sitting here for more than eight minutes.