Forty-Six - Last First Kiss

I unlock the main door to Maura's house and walk in to see a familiar pair of shoes. These looked like Niall's shoes but obviously, it could be anyone's since not only Niall wears them. I ignore the thought of Niall and walk in to see Maura sitting on the couch with the television loud while sipping on her tea.

She looks at me and smiles and I do the same. I walk pass her and into my room to find Niall sitting on the bed. Um? What is he doing here? I was sure that it was Niall because of the hair and the rusty colored sweater he wore. His back was facing me and I cleared my throat. "Niall? What are you doing here?" I ask, surprised.

"I came here to bake cookies since my oven at home wasn't working. What about you?" He rolls his eyes and I let out a fake laugh. I honestly don't feel like smiling right now because of everything that has been going on in my mind for the past few days. I just want to sleep right now and not wake up for ten years and so. "I have to tell you something." He says.

And suddenly, every single bad thing is roaming in my mind like how bees roam around honey. Is he going to tell me that he doesn't need me anymore? Does he not love me anymore? Maybe now that he has Eleanor, he doesn't want me? I wonder what does he want to say. I look at him questioningly, horrified of what he is going to say.

"The tour starts tomorrow." He blurts out and I feel my heart calm down at his words. Tour. Tomorrow. He isn't leaving me, he's leaving for tour. "I came here to see you one last time before I go. Are you okay with that?"

"One last time? When are you coming back?" I ask. I'm on the verge of tears. I don't want him to go.

"I'll be back in two months." He hugs me and I hug him back, tighter than usual. I wanted to ask him about Eleanor and him but I decided against it. I shouldn't ruin the moment by asking him about this now if not he'll be hurt and I can't afford that. "Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah." I speak but the throat hurt from trying to stop the tears so I let them go. I can't tell him that I don't want him to go. That will just make him stay and miss his work and I can't let that happen. I can't let him risk his career for me.

"Please don't cry, babe." He kisses my forehead and wipes my tears. "I'm here to take you on a date. Do you want to go?" He smiles

"Of course." I kiss him on the lips. Finally having them on mine feels good. It makes me feel like he's only mine and no one else's. We pull away and he grabs my hand and walk out of the room. In five minutes, we're out of the door and currently in his car. "Where are we going?" I ask, smiling for the first time in a day. I was too stressed out to even think about smiling at anything.

"You'll see." He winks and I sigh in annoyance. Sometimes I love surprise, sometimes I hate it. Right now, I hate it because if he's taking me to a fancy ass restaurant, I'm definitely not ready for it since all I'm wearing is a faded blue skinny jeans and grey top with brown boots... not even heels. What was I thinking? "Don't worry, we're not going to a restaurant." He laughs softly and I raise an eyebrow. "Even if we are, you look great."

"I don't"

In a few minutes, we arrive in front of my old house, where my mother and I used to live in. Why are we even here? I'd rather go to a restaurant than be here right now. This brings back all the memories I've had with mother and father and this makes me feel terrible thinking that I lost both of them in just in my teen years. "I don't want to be here, Niall. I don't want to go inside."

"We're not going inside." He frowns. We get out of the car and he pulls me towards the tree house. We climb up and I see several bags of food sitting on the wooden board. There were two pillows and blankets, placed neatly beside and I smile. So this is our date. "Do you like it? It's your favorite... Well, our favorite." He rolls his eyes and I smile even wider just thinking about eating our favorite food and just having conversations without anyone around us. It felt good to know that he thought of doing this before he leaves.