Chapter 8

Two weeks flew by. Newt never thought time could actually go by quickly here, but it did. He supposed it was because Minho actually took care of him and treated him like a normal person now. Although, the days that they went to the Arena together felt like they never came fast enough. Newt was always ready and eager and they would stay there all day together. His favorite thing to do was his archery, but right beside sparring with Minho, one of them usually ended up being pinned to the ground; Usually Newt since Minho had his enhanced strength, but nevertheless that was always fun.

Minho came in at an unusual time that day but Newt was pretty much used to it, since Minho spent all of his free time with Newt now. "I need to talk to you about something." He stated simply and walked over to the bed.

Newt pulled his legs up and crossed them so Minho had room to sit, then nodded, not saying anything and showing he was listening.

The vampire took a deep breath and started talking looking down, "I've been doing a shuck lot of thinking..."

Newt smirked playfully, "That's never a good thing."

Minho looked up at him and a smile parted his lips as he shook his head, "Will you shut up and hear me out?"

"Sorry. Go ahead." Newt's smile slowly faded and nodded again, motioning for Minho to go on.

"I...I hate it here. Probably as much as you do. I hate the fact that I'm helping in capturing what humans are left out there, I hate seeing the things I see that my dad is a part of. I kind of hate my dad. He's more of a monster than I thought." I used to be like him. Minho thought. Which was probably the scariest thing. "And the thing I hate the most is that I'm keeping you here. Away from your group and your sister." He then took Newt's hand in his as he leaned forward and smiled a bit again, "So here's what I'm thinking...We just get out of here."

Newt blinked a couple times, surprise dominating his features, "A-Are you serious..? Like...run away?"

"We'll be the next Romeo and Juliet. Except without all the death." Minho nodded and his smile became playful. "But I mean it, I'll sneak us out of here day after tomorrow. Then we can head to the mountains for your friends and Eve. Why were they going there?"

Newt's face had lit up, this was clearly the best thing he ever could have asked for, "They went because there's a group of Slayers up there known as the Right Arm. Slayers always protect each other, if something happens it's like a universal thing that we can depend on each other. So since the Glade was destroyed, they headed there since it's the closest place. But it's also the safest." 

 Minho sighed a small breath and nodded, "Okay. To the mountains we go then..!" He smiled.

Newt gave a small laugh of ecstasy and practically leapt on Minho to hug him tightly, arms around his neck. "Thank you, Min..." He said just above a whisper and Minho grinned softly to himself as he wrapped his arms around his boyfriend and held him tightly in the hug. 

Once the slender male pulled away, now sitting on Minho's lap a bit, the Asian looked at the human lovingly but the expression faltered, "Now the bad news..."

Newt's demeanor changed too and he looked at Minho worriedly, "What..?"

"I need to feed."

Newt's happy aura came back and he shook his head, "Oh...you had me worried it was something really bad." He answered and sat down on Minho's lap completely, legs wrapped around the male's hips as Minho leaned back against the wall. 

Minho gave a light laugh, and placed his hands on the small of Newt's lower back, "Sorry...I'm ready when you are."

 Newt hummed in acknowledgment, but then stopped when he was about to turn his head to give the vampire access. "Um...You know...Maybe since...since we're together and all...you could...do those things from before to not make it hurt..?" The blond's face blushed red and he wouldn't make eye contact.