twenty one +

twenty one +

"What's wrong?" Michael asked as Luke swiftly walked past him.

"Nothing," the younger man responded. He sat back in their bed, opening the tube of moisturizer on his bedside table. He began scenting his skin—and their room—with the wild berry smell.

Michael sat down across from him, curling his legs underneath his body. "Come on, talk to Daddy."

Luke rolled his eyes.

"Sorry, sorry."

"Nothing's wrong," Luke repeated. He lifted up his shirt, moisturizing his c-section scar. He went to his arms next, Michael sneezing a few times at the amount of scent suddenly in their room.

"Something is wrong," he continued to pester his husband.

Luke shrugged, not sure where to start. "I miss you," he said softly.

"I'm right here."

"Are you?" Luke asked, picking up his head. "I don't feel like you are, Mikey."

Michael stood up on his knees, moving closer to the blonde. He moved the moisturizer off their bed, straddling Luke's waist. There was no way Luke could ignore him now, there was no way Luke could simply push him away. "Why?"

"I see you, I hear you, but I don't feel you. You came home and you weren't the same. You aren't the same."

"I was a monster before everything, Luke. I've been trying to stay away from becoming that again." Michael could feel guilt building up in the pit of his stomach as he knew he was lying. He was blatantly lying to the man he thought he loved too much.

"Why don't you love me anymore?" Luke cracked, he broke, he shattered. His blue eyes let tears pool up as his bottom lip quivered. "I really want you to love me. What did I do wrong?"

Michael shook his head, leaning forward and brushing his hands through Luke's hair. "No, no. Baby, no. That's not true. I do love you." Mike cupped Luke's cheeks, lifting his head up higher. "Luke, why don't you feel loved?"

"I just don't," he sighed, unable to put his thoughts into words. "I'm walking on egg shells around you."

Michael put his thumbs around Luke's cheeks, rubbing at the rough skin. "Baby," he cooed, not sure what to say.

Luke looked up at him, his blue eyes dull.

"I'm trying," Michael said, "I'm trying to be better to you. It's just stressful being home."

Luke looked up at him, wanting to believe him. He leant it, letting their lips brush against each other. He could feel the burn of his veins as he let Michael push him back down to the mattress.

Mike's hands lifted up Luke's shirt, his fingers crawling over the soft skin. He sat up, letting his eyes wander to the bare skin. "Pretty," he complimented, "So pretty." He pulled off his own top before leaning down once more.

Luke lifted up his hips, trying to feel something, anything. He just needed some type of feeling to fill his body and remind him that he's still alive. He needs to be reminded that Michael is still alive, too.

Luke lets Michael believe he's dominant, but Luke is just a power bottom. He can let Michael strip them of their layers, grind down on his husband. But, Luke is guiding him the entire way through.

They've been together for almost two decades. Luke knows Michael's body better than he knows his own.

He knows the way Michael moves, the sounds he makes.

From blowjobs after gym class to a midnight session of bliss, they haven't changed much. Luke feels nothing, and Michael pretends not to notice.

They want to be in love, they're trying. They look in the mirror, and it shatters. They touch water, and it ripples. The wind blows, the clouds thunder.

Luke still screams out his love when Michael hits that spot. It's all he knows what to do.

It's routine.

(A/N) I HAVE A NEW STORY UP CALLED "START A FIGHT" THAT'S PRISONER!MICHAEL AND OFFICER!LUKE SO GO CHECK IT OUT